AMC RULES

What's In Your Mirror?

953 nut
31 minutes ago, Pollack Pete said:

Aldon......where did that beautiful yellow GT-14 come from????? I've seen it before..........

@baerpath had that for sale last year didn't he?

• Like 1

wildman
4 hours ago, ztnoo said:

Another one........or two????

Dr.Trimble you have The Disease really bad.

The symptoms continually keep getting worse.

:ROTF:

NO kidding. Best thing is that can't find a cure

• Like 1

Aldon

I did not mean to de-rail Tom's thead. 

In an effort to get it back on track, let me note that Tom has this addiction as well. And I am waiting for additional pics and discussion as to his bucket list tractor.:banana-gotpics:

• Like 2

WHX??

Got a sneak preview of Tom's haul last nite when they swung by for a visit...very nice haul indeed!:greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 2

Aldon
6 minutes ago, WHX9 said:

Got a sneak preview of Tom's haul last nite when they swung by for a visit...very nice haul indeed!:greetings-clappingyellow:

We are all house bound in NE due to snow storms. We are suffering high anxiety and anticipation!

its like the Heins ketchup commercials!!!

Edited by Aldon
  • Like 2

19richie66

Well.........

IMG_4484.JPG

• Like 8

Aldon

WooHoo!

Nice! A GT14 Unmistakeable!

• Like 2

ACman

You couldn't get the big red tractor next to you to fit in the back of your truck ... :scratchead: ?

:banana-wrench:

• Like 2

19richie66

It was already loaded.:laughing-rofl:

• Like 3

T-Mo

Maybe I need to load up a few of my horses onto my trailer and take some rearview mirror shots since I haven't been rustling any horses for almost 2 months!

• Like 5

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: :wwp:

:popcorn:

stratostar250

Didn't bring a horse home this time. :silence: I took a mirror pic, but it came out all blurry, but didn't realize until all was said and done.... so this will have to do. 

20170225_163243.thumb.jpg.85a1865af16e180655cb4e03d4a28635.jpg

stevebo

Oh boy .....

• Like 1

Sparky

Is that a Gutbrod Tom??

:ychain:

Mike...........

• Like 3

T-Mo
19 hours ago, stratostar250 said:

Didn't bring a horse home this time. :silence: I took a mirror pic, but it came out all blurry, but didn't realize until all was said and done.... so this will have to do. 

20170225_163243.thumb.jpg.85a1865af16e180655cb4e03d4a28635.jpg

Is that a Nissan Frontier or a Titan?  How well did it tow that load?

• Like 3

stratostar250
16 hours ago, Sparky said:

Is that a Gutbrod Tom??

:ychain:

Mike...........

We can pretend :lol: It for sure sounds to be from the tractor family!

16 hours ago, T-Mo said:

It's a Frontier, bought it 2 years ago. I've put 36k on it so far and have had no issues *knock on wood*  It has a 6 speed manual, and it towed it great! Still had pretty decent power, was def. alot slower than normal, but it did really well,  the uhaul trailer i rented had hydraulic brakes which were cool and worked well, not sure how just the truck brakes would have faired by themselves. But it did tow well.  

Edited by stratostar250

T-Mo
1 hour ago, stratostar250 said:

We can pretend :lol: It for sure sounds to be from the tractor family!

It's a Frontier, bought it 2 years ago. I've put 36k on it so far and have had no issues *knock on wood*  It has a 6 speed manual, and it towed it great! Still had pretty decent power, was def. alot slower than normal, but it did really well,  the uhaul trailer i rented had hydraulic brakes which were cool and worked well, not sure how just the truck brakes would have faired by themselves. But it did tow well.  

I thought it looked like a Frontier.  That's pretty impressive pulling that load with a compact truck.  I like the Nissan trucks, and will be in the market for a new truck when I retire.  I may have to add the Frontier on the list.

jackhammer

I've been looking but will wait until Ford releases their Ranger , I'd like to see it up close before I decide

cleat

I am also waiting on the new Bronco.

A small turbo diesel would be great.

The 5.4 in my 2002 F-150 is so thirsty.

Cleat

• Like 2

stratostar250
On 2/28/2017 at 8:20 AM, T-Mo said:

I thought it looked like a Frontier.  That's pretty impressive pulling that load with a compact truck.  I like the Nissan trucks, and will be in the market for a new truck when I retire.  I may have to add the Frontier on the list.

This model has been around since 2005, so there may be a re design coming soon, but the 4.0 v6 has 268hp/280ft-lbs and really does get up and go, It has a Titan frame that has been shortened a little bit.  Like I said, I've have no issues with it.  My only dislikes have been that it is a super thirsty v6, 18mpg average, the turning circle is MISERABLE, and it's noisy around 25-40 mph, but I've read that the noise is an extended cab issue only with the rear door seals not being as good as they should be.  Other than that, the truck has been amazing, No regrets.

• Like 1

T-Mo
40 minutes ago, stratostar250 said:

This model has been around since 2005, so there may be a re design coming soon, but the 4.0 v6 has 268hp/280ft-lbs and really does get up and go, It has a Titan frame that has been shortened a little bit.  Like I said, I've have no issues with it.  My only dislikes have been that it is a super thirsty v6, 18mpg average, the turning circle is MISERABLE, and it's noisy around 25-40 mph, but I've read that the noise is an extended cab issue only with the rear door seals not being as good as they should be.  Other than that, the truck has been amazing, No regrets.

They just redesigned the Titan for 2016.  And Toyota just did a redesign on their Frontier equivalent, the Tacoma, so I'm sure the Frontier's redesign is coming.

• Like 1

squonk
On 2/27/2017 at 2:58 PM, T-Mo said:

so what size deck is going on the "Cedes" ?:)

• Like 1

T-Mo

1979 C-161 Twin Automatic.  It does have some cosmetic issues, like a couple of missing guards/shields, and the hood is cracked in a couple of spots, not to mention that awful headlight in the front.  But it runs and drives great.  It's mechanically solid, and does have the clevis hitch, but I have no idea what function that thing the PO has bolt to it does.  Nice seat, but not black.  I like it!

I travel to Pilot Knob to get it.  I met the guy at the McDonalds there and when he pulled up (I got there first), the PO was in the passenger seat and the driver yells out, "If I knew it was you...."  Turns out the driver was a guy I know and worked with my brother-in-law.  My wife was with me and she and Kenny talked while me and the PO loaded up the C.  Small world, but then again, Pilot Knob is small, where virtually everyone knows everyone.  We live about 30 something miles from Pilot Knob, but since Kenny worked with my BIL, I met Kenny years ago and seen him several times.  But it's been a few years since I last seen him.

IMG_0653.JPG

IMG_0658.JPG

IMG_0661.JPG

IMG_0668.JPG

IMG_0676.JPG

• Like 5

Terry M

Nice!..:)    Almost looks like it has a Lawn Ranger steering wheel...:think: