ebinmaine

Possible world record plow drag

Pullstart

1200 lbs of pull per share =60,000 lbs!

The Freightliner Guy

I’ve seen this video 

953 nut

:woohoo:                                       :text-coolphotos:

:confusion-confused:        Was that John Kerry, our government climate czar, at the throttle?            :confusion-shrug:      Sure looked like him.      :scared-eek:         His staff will be developing a position paper explaining the reason one coal fired Case tractor pulling a 50 bottom plow is more environmentally friendly than one electric battery powered tiller turning the same amount of land.             :ychain:

• Haha 4

6wheeler

I personally have seen a 40 plow hitch. But never 50 :scared-eek:. Just think of the weight being pulled. Plus? How ever many people operating the plow. Thanks for the video.

• Like 1

wh500special
On 9/11/2022 at 7:28 PM, Pullstart said:

1200 lbs of pull per share =60,000 lbs!

I heard the commentator say that too and thought it sounded pretty high.

Assuming they are plowing at a slow walking speed of about 2 mph, that drawbar pull equates to a 320 HP load and that doesn't count the power it takes to propel that machine or tow all the people on the plow.  Nor the losses due to inefficiency of transferring power.  If he's moving at 3 mph it would require 480 HP.

I wonder what the real number is and what the actual capacity of that machine is.

The engine was built to emulate a 150 HP Case from the early 20th century that was probably underrated in some manner, but I think the 1200 lb/plow is probably off by a long shot.

There is a lot of cool info about that engine on the web.  It was built from scratch by the owner and is a fascinating piece of equipment.

Steve

Edited by wh500special
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1