DouglasParker

502/702 whatever you prefer hubcap dilemma need advice

DouglasParker

I bought a set of 520 hub caps to finish this project off. The back ones fit no problem. The issue is my front. No way they will fit. The hub sticks out way to far. I have 5 other wheel horse on this property and the front hub cap will fit on ever other one I have. Can someone give me ideas. Do I need to Change out my spindles? Find different rims? Modify?  Shorten the hub and ad stick out spacing to the back? Keep in mind there’s not a lot of sources for parts In My area so modify Is my go to lol. My 1276 has the high boy rims also but the rim hub is shorter and attached with bolt, this 702 is held on by snap rings,  looking for some advice please. The Clean rim is the one that’s to long  preventing the hub cap from sitting in the 1276 is the dirty one

3BF7056F-2BFE-46D5-8196-CD8C51A87438.jpeg

AAF78101-DB5A-4BD6-80AA-AFC6973090F8.jpeg

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

I would check with Lowell at wheelhorsepartsandmore.com

He’s a vendor here on Redsquare.

And :text-welcomeconfetti:

Achto
11 minutes ago, DouglasParker said:

3BF7056F-2BFE-46D5-8196-CD8C51A87438.jpeg

I think the problem may be that your wheel is on inside out. The valve stem and grease zert should be towards the inside not towards the out side. On some front rims the bearing tube sticks out further on one side of the rim than the other. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

wallfish

What's the offset on the other side? Can you flip them around if the hub doesn't protrude as far out?

Original rims would have holes for wheel weights

• Like 3

DouglasParker

Reverse side looks the same length just eye balling it  I’m pretty sure they are equal length 

5A7DEFEC-68C6-48A4-A75F-95FDF0E8C635.jpeg

953 nut

I had this problem with a trailer I was going to put hubcaps on, hubs may not be offset in trailers.

DouglasParker

Here’s gonna be my solution for the time being. Tell I find a parts tractor I refuse to pay for a set of used rims for what I can buy a hole parts tractor for then they will have to be sand blasted and painted anyways. Knocked out hub insert.  I will cut 1/2” off the hub then hammer the insert back in and add the 1/2 on the back side with a spacer, then hub cap will fit. Prolly not tell this weekend though. Been rebuilding the mower deck with 95% all new metal so I’m spent for the day. 

2D195312-71E0-4B1D-846B-A379115ADC6D.jpeg

9FD640F4-4A9F-44AA-886B-A9CE800742FD.jpeg