Sign in to follow this  
perry

2 days of snow plowing

perry

im glad its over. its been a rough 2 days of plowing. the snow was so wet and heavy it was like i was pushing boulders around all day. 6 hours yesterday and started at 8am with a 2 hour lunch break today. i finished up around 5pm tonight. i am beat thud.gif

good thing i did some yesterday :thumbs:

phase 1:

janwetsnow023.jpg

phase 1 done by lunch :thumbs:

janwetsnow2004.jpg

headed up the long drive to the front house. about 600'

janwetsnow2005.jpg

almost there. another 400' to the road

janwetsnow2006.jpg

looking back at front house. just about to the road

janwetsnow2007.jpg

another part of the driveway that Y's off and loops out to the road.

janwetsnow2008.jpg

up at the road clearing both drive aproaches and bike path.

janwetsnow2009.jpg

and one nasty pile of :P , well you know.....

janwetsnow2010.jpg

:TRACTOR VIDEOS:

B100 given it her all.

th_janwetsnow027.jpg

877 wants to push :D . just dont have the HP

th_janwetsnow2013.jpg

WARNING: orange tractor video

th_janwetsnow029.jpg

i just wanted to give you'all a little preview of my dreaded plow day and how all 3 tractor's perform.

just let me know if the orange video is uncalled for and ill delete. or karl can. ......thanks guys

chevelletown

Wow Perry that is a bunch of plowing!! Thanks for the pics and video. Looks like fun :thumbs:

TT

Perry, that B-100 doesn't appear to have a power problem.... just a severe lack of traction! :thumbs:

If you can get about 200 to 300 more pounds of ballast on the rear, I bet it would push the snow then. :thumbs:

The medium frame tractors will almost always push or pull better than the long frame tractors because the weight balance is better from front to rear. The 877 is naturally heavier on the rear because of the hydro pump/valve block/motor too.

Rollerman

Perry I'm sideing with TT...I know the B's have the skinny smallish rear tires too.

I'd look for a decent set of 23x 10.50 or even 8.50 wide on back of that with some more weight & chains to match.

I don't hear the engine even lugging down in the vid...but I do see the back tires digging holes in your drive!

perry
Perry, that B-100 doesn't appear to have a power problem.... just a severe lack of traction!

Nick

Thats some nice pictures and videos. Looks like you got hit hard with snow. Is the orange tractor at stock rpm? Might just be the sound but either way it moves right along. :thumbs: Wish we had snow but last two days here in Ohio was flooding.

Stigian

Nice photos and vids Perry :thumbs:

That pushing snow around lark sure looks fun :thumbs:

perry

Thats some nice pictures and videos. Looks like you got hit hard with snow. Is the orange tractor at stock rpm? Might just be the sound but either way it moves right along. :thumbs: Wish we had snow but last two days here in Ohio was flooding.

its stock with a stack muffler and rain cap.

T-Mo

Perry,

Nice pictures and videos. It looks like in the one video your dog came out to investigate your work.

It looks like the little B did okay until it started to push too much terra firma or earth. Was that the case? :thumbs:

TT

so are you saying i should have had that second helping of tators tonight . i think im going to mess around with the air pressure and maybe a tire change. they are a bigger tire. i have stock raider 10 tires on it.

Maybe if you build a box on the back and throw about six 50lb bags of taters in it for weight? :D

Those 8.50's should be alright for traction -- the ones I have on my 416H are actually off a late 60's 1050 Bolens and have 2 link chains (one side is a V bar and the other is a modified car chain :thumbs: ) and the +/- 30lb Sears weights mounted on them. The 416 is a little heavier than the B-100 though. :thumbs:

The cross-chains are snug, but will move a little, and when I lean over the side, the tire will "squish" a little.

416chains.jpg

WheelHorse_of_course

Perry,

you mentioned before the that the B-100's plow tends to dig in. When plowing asphalt this is good because it scrapes off packed snow better, but not so with gravel.

I think you should try changing the tilt/angle. I have never heard of anyone adjusting this but it would makes sense to to tilt it forward some. For one thing you will push less gravel off into the lawn, but also it should not dig in as much.

At the top of the springs is a rod that attaches both spring to the top of the blade. The rod is removable and at least with my blade there are multiple holes in the blade where it can be placed.

I bet that with that adjusted Red should be as good as Orange (I did enjoy the video if it though) :thumbs:

I know for now you will be resting, but when you get the chance I hope you will try this adjustment and let us all know the results!

Rolf

nylyon

You're probably a little tired of the white stuff, but we've had so little of it this year that seeing these helps ease the pain of not having any snow here :thumbs: