RED-Z06

Brought home a beast

RED-Z06

Hope i can get it back 100% but i picked up an 05 Simplicity Legacy XL with a 60" deck.

Power Steering, Shaf driven K92 tuff torq rear, 27hp Kohler Command, 60" shaft drive deck.  Starts and runs but something is broken between the Steering wheel and power steering valve..probably the tilt wheel assembly.  But i only gave 300 for it so im happy as a lark.

20220826_153152.jpg

• Like 4
  • Heart 1

Pullstart

What’s a lark?  :lol:

nice score!

RED-Z06
35 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

What’s a lark?  :lol:

nice score!

Its a songbird.

"Happy as a Lark" 

Very happy (sometimes with the extra connotations of being carefree or unaware of grimmer realities).

There are many grimmer realities with this tractor🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Snoopy11
15 hours ago, RED-Z06 said:

i only gave 300 for it so im happy as a lark

Sounds about right. Sometimes you can find them cheaper... but in your case since it runs... I think you did okay! :banana-rock:

Don

D_Mac

I picked up a Simplicity Broadmore couple years ago for free. I have told the story as of how hard I had to work to get that SOB in my truck. Rear end locked up, no help, had to drag by hand 75 yards in the pouring rain then get it up my ramps onto my truck while the previous owner just watched me. After I did all he could say was" I can't believe you got that in there". I was supposed to give him 30 bucks for it but after he watched me struggle and not give up he gave it to me. Day later it was running and driving. Gave it some love and passed it on.

20210314_231346.jpg

• Like 4
  • Heart 1

RED-Z06

Pulled the carb and cleaned it, engine runs like a top, ordered new air filter parts, filter, seal, nut, cover, decal, and cover nut...so its complete now.  Still had no power steering or lift, i got the steering wheel off, tilt mech off; tilt mech was badly damaged and much of it is NLA...so i had to do some welding and other creative repairs..but tomorrow hopefully the new hardware will be in and I can see if it will work .

But, beyond that i still had no lift or power steering.  I pulled the orbital power steering valve off (5 fittings) and pulled it apart, 750 dollar part...so i got into it and found a steel check ball had worn the retainer and housing and had wedged itself in...i straightened the retainer and tacked the end to keep the ball in place, bolted it back on and...i have lift and power steering.

Next up..finish the steering, give it a bath, and replace a few switches 

• Like 2

RED-Z06

Getting there.  Engine purrs, lift works, power steering smooth, gauges work including fuel level, all lights work, engine fully serviced, all missing air filter parts were replaced, just rebuilt the deck (6 new bearings, 2 new V idlers, 1 flat idler, 2 belts, changed oil in gearbox, freed up the pto shaft).  Gave it a quick cut and buff...

New seat will be in tomorrow 

20220913_191407.jpg

• Like 4

RED-Z06

CH740S 27hp Kohler

20220908_101047.jpg

• Like 3

RED-Z06

Ive put about 8hrs on her now, mowed with it quite a bit, im impressed, highly impressed with the tractor.  My only gripe is with Simplicity...they offer absolutely nothing for it, no implements, no 3pt, no loader...nothing

20221101_173352.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

953 nut
12 hours ago, RED-Z06 said:

My only gripe is with Simplicity...they offer absolutely nothing for it, no implements, no 3pt, no loader...nothing

Sounds like they don't have any confidence in their machines ability to get the job done.           :sad:

• Sad 1

RED-Z06
37 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Sounds like they don't have any confidence in their machines ability to get the job done.           :sad:

They were owned by Briggs, Briggs went Bankrupt and part of their emergence from Bankruptcy and being acquired by another company was liquidation of assets.  They discontinued the Legacy XL line and all parts and attachments, there are $14,000 units on the showrooms still that parts arent available for.

• Sad 1