Thomas Moroney

Volt meter running in the red.

Thomas Moroney

I have this problem with the volt meter running all the way to the red on the guage.  After awhile it will blow a fuse and won't start.  I'm think that  I have a voltage regulator problem. It this the right to path this fixes the issues?

ineedanother

Hey Thomas :text-welcomeconfetti:

Give us a little more to work with. Model, year, serials if you can get them for both the tractor and the motor. Upload pictures if you can of the wiring and we'll see if we can get you pointed in the right direction, and we will.

• Like 1

lynnmor

If the voltage is indeed too high, then the regulator is not regulating.  Check with another voltmeter to be sure.  Since we don’t know exactly what you have, I will just tell you to be sure the regulator is properly grounded, often thru its mounting screw.  Check battery cable connections at each end.

• Like 1

Achto

:WRS:

953 nut

:WRS:

With any electrical problem the first thing you should do clean and tighten ALL electrical connections including grounds. A corroded connection can and will cause a voltage drop across the connection.

How long has this low voltage reading been going on? What changes or repair attempts have been made since you noticed the problem? If you will give us the model and year of your :wh: that would be helpful.

You say it will blow a fuse after a while and then won't start, If the fuse is replaced will the engine start then? Don't run out and buy a regulator or any other part until we can track down the actual problem and correct it.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

@Thomas Moroney  https://www.amazon.com/WGGE-WG-026-Pieces-Colors-Alligator/dp/B06XX25HFX/ref=asc_df_B06XX25HFX?t agree with others on the possible grounding issue , use these to by pass the existing ground points , just because they are there , does not mean they  work!  often the saposed to be connections / mount points ,are corroded , or painted . connect from a battery ground cable ground bolt to your  regulator , and see if that helps out . easy to set up a paint free / rusty area , to bare metal , dielectric grease enhanced connection . only a suggestion . pete