Ed Kennell

Free Tractor Rides

Ed Kennell

Pepe la pew has been roaming the hood the past few nights.       So, I loaded the live trap with a marshmallow peanut butter sandwich last night.  This AM we took a ride to the far end of the farm.

applicakes pepe le pew     104_0865.JPG.57f9fa9d19472d9b542452a30945ef99.JPG

I was ready to shoot some pics, but when Pepe stuck his nose out of the trap, I must have panicked.     This is all I got.

104_0867.JPG.50d47c751d28319659cac9824013b69d.JPG

He'll probably be back tonight for another MMPB sammy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

ri702bill

Ed

About 20 years ago, as I  was pulling into the parking lot at work, I see a co worker pull in behind me, but back up to the tree line of the next property. I asked why he was way over there - he told me he was going to feed the birds. He had 2 live squirrels he had trapped on his property that were causing damage. He let them loose, immediately a large hawk swooped down and caught one. He told me later that the hawk would watch for his truck in the morning .....

Bill

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Ed Kennell

The large numbers of bald eagles in our area are now becoming scavengers competing with the turkey vultures for road killed meals.

The eagles and red tail hawks can regularly be seen on utility poles waiting for a fresh roadkill.

• Like 1

Pullstart

I popped one in the trap a couple months ago.  Our field still stinks where he laid for a while!

• Like 1

ri702bill
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

red tail hawks can regularly be seen on utility poles waiting for a fresh roadkill.

Yup, used to see them all the time, hanging out on the arms of the street lights at the highway exits ( no lights between the exits for the most part.) Something that aggresive sure does have a whole lot of patience...

Edited by ri702bill
  • Like 1

8ntruck

Last Friday I was down by the lake about sunset.  A large bird sillowett  caught my eye against the orange glow in the west.  There was a smaller bird under the large one.  The large bird's flight path dropped slightly, then it started flapping its wings to gain altitude.  The small bird was gone.  As the large bird got closer when it flew by, I could see that it had something in its talons.  I think the large bird was an eagle of some sort, maybe even a young bald eagle.

• Like 2