peter lena

7" DECK WHEELS , testing is very good

peter lena

https://www.amazon.com/Titan-Casters-Waxman-4383555-Replacement/dp/B07WW24B1C/ref=pd_lpo_3?pd_rd_i=B07WW24B1C&th=1  installed these , not long ago , been testing trying looking at how they work , the lawn slide grip is a non issue , thats what you want , metal wheel with 2 push  out bearings , semi sealed , so was able to add lubricant by hand , like old school packing , red grease aerosol can also be used , no heat stress involved , just solid lube . definitely much better deck discharge  on my R/D decks , probably gained about  1"  , no problems , most of my usage is on grass , very little driveway turning , but very shallow tread makes for easy side slide . typical testing for me , put the hours on any change I  make , so if I  tell you it works .it does . like summer grass higher , but with the drought we are in , its mostly all brown . just some  testing results , also picked up another set for my other deck . pete 

• Like 2

ri702bill

With the green "Slippery Pete" grease, no doubt....

• Like 2

Bill D
1 hour ago, peter lena said:

https://www.amazon.com/Titan-Casters-Waxman-4383555-Replacement/dp/B07WW24B1C/ref=pd_lpo_3?pd_rd_i=B07WW24B1C&th=1  installed these , not long ago , been testing trying looking at how they work , the lawn slide grip is a non issue , thats what you want , metal wheel with 2 push  out bearings , semi sealed , so was able to add lubricant by hand , like old school packing , red grease aerosol can also be used , no heat stress involved , just solid lube . definitely much better deck discharge  on my R/D decks , probably gained about  1"  , no problems , most of my usage is on grass , very little driveway turning , but very shallow tread makes for easy side slide . typical testing for me , put the hours on any change I  make , so if I  tell you it works .it does . like summer grass higher , but with the drought we are in , its mostly all brown . just some  testing results , also picked up another set for my other deck . pete 

Make life easy on yourself Pete.  Remove the bearings, then drill and tap a hole in the wheel for a grease fitting.  Remove any chips with a vacuum and compressed air.  Reinstall the bearings and pump the wheel full of grease just like the stock Wheel Horse deck wheels.

• Like 1

peter lena

@ri702bill  yes got some in those bearings , the original w/h horse wheels were very good ,the rubber would just give up after 30 years ! thing I  really notice with the green , is its staying power, even in the mule drive bearings , they get very hot , which  causes lubrication failure / noisy , whining bearings , very nice to have no noise /bearing issues since change over . anything related to my mower drive set up , pto lever to anything on the deck, goes green . lots of hours , many starts , it just makes sense .  green , pete  

• Like 1

peter lena

@Bill D  just ordered another set of wheels, might give that a test / trial , pete 

skrusins

I'm glad to see that this is working for those who want to try. I have used 7inch plastic lawn mower in the past couple years. They worked, but didn't last that long.