upstateyankee50

it just doesn't stop

D_Mac

Nice find. Willing to bet with some starting fluid and a battery it fires.

• Like 2

EB-80/8inPA

That’s worth $150 all day long, even on Sundays!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

:clap:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Retired Wrencher

Good pick up. Enjoy it. Give it a good cleaning to see where you are at. Meaning oil/grease seals/ gaskets. Because it is a 1970 model.

• Like 1

upstateyankee50
11 hours ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

Good pick up. Enjoy it. Give it a good cleaning to see where you are at. Meaning oil/grease seals/ gaskets. Because it is a 1970 model.

yep I always give them a good cleaning and grease every fitting 'plus oil changes and filters 

now I have a 66- 68-69 -70 73 no name and a 74 B-80  6 total and always room for a few more awesome really

Wheelhorse#1

Nice find.No way Id pass that up either.

There’s no cure.Just let it happen and buy more.

Edited by Wheelhorse#1

ineedanother
3 hours ago, upstateyankee50 said:

and always room for a few more awesome really

Well, uh, that tends to not hold true. Just sayin' :rolleyes:

kpinnc
On 8/11/2022 at 9:32 PM, upstateyankee50 said:

breaker-less -ignition which has power

My Bronco 14 has that set up, and it's awesome. Basically a Magnum 14 with older tins on it. 

Mine has lasted a long time. OEM as far as I can tell. I hope it continues, because the module is crazy expensive IF you can find one.

Nice find BTW. good solid machine! :thumbs:

Retired Wrencher
12 hours ago, upstateyankee50 said:

yep I always give them a good cleaning and grease every fitting 'plus oil changes and filters 

now I have a 66- 68-69 -70 73 no name and a 74 B-80  6 total and always room for a few more awesome really

That is great. I had 73 no name 8 was not impressed with it. It had funky engineering. I guess a bad year. I hope you enjoy them all.

upstateyankee50
14 hours ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

That is great. I had 73 no name 8 was not impressed with it. It had funky engineering. I guess a bad year. I hope you enjoy them all.

for sure I will and the no name I have has the 16 horse Kohler  heck for a 100 bucks I couldn't go wrong as the power it has  

20200611_183421.jpg

20200611_183433.jpg

20200611_183438.jpg

20200611_183449.jpg

upstateyankee50
On 8/11/2022 at 9:10 PM, D_Mac said:

Nice find. Willing to bet with some starting fluid and a battery it fires.

yep today I put the carb on, hook up the choke and throttle cable and with help with the pick up as a jump 'the battery needs to be replace than a shot of gas in the front and the old girl started right up ; a ride around the yard and it sure does move ;every thing seems work but the head  lights but that is a simple fix ; so now to find the air filter assembly as it didn't have it ;  what a deal for 150 the seat is fine as they covered it with some material to protect it ' 

• Excellent 1

upstateyankee50
19 hours ago, kpinnc said:

My Bronco 14 has that set up, and it's awesome. Basically a Magnum 14 with older tins on it. 

Mine has lasted a long time. OEM as far as I can tell. I hope it continues, because the module is crazy expensive IF you can find one.

Nice find BTW. good solid machine! :thumbs:

thanks and for sure a great fine ; I have to agree as the price of the module is top dollar if you can fine one  'but it seems I was lucky this time as it seems to be fine and has spark ;today I added the carb 'hooked up the choke and throttle cable and a shot of gas the old girl took right off and yes a test ride boy is it fast plus runs super fine ;now to degrease the motor and frame as so much crud built up ;then to grease the fittings and change the tranny filter ;;it seems I will have to search for the air filter assembly as it didn't have one ;really for a 150 price I did alright  the tires are all up no leaks ; 

upstateyankee50
23 hours ago, Wheelhorse#1 said:

Nice find.No way Id pass that up either.

There’s no cure.Just let it happen and buy more.

always if the price is right ;thanks and I think I did fine ; today the carb was added ;hooked up the choke and throttle cable a jump from the pick up a shot of gas and it took right off and yes always a test drive and like most horses it ran fine plus the power it has 

upstateyankee50
23 hours ago, ineedanother said:

Well, uh, that tends to not hold true. Just sayin' :rolleyes:

well really explain this comment ; 6 now why not 12 

D_Mac

Are you missing just the air cleaner cover? Or the back plate as well ?

peter lena

@upstateyankee50   would love to be on the recovery of that , use a separate gallon jug of carb cleaning fuel to run , is there oil in it ? would easily bring it to life, no screaming  needed, let it heat up , observe what's going on , would do a hot drain oil change , would use rotella  30 wt  and  rislone zink additive to the oil , note how quickly the oil turns color , its cleaning and salvation has many positive effects .drop carb bowl , clean out , refit , ran in a couple of engines like that , came out very well . would also give that paint a lubrication soak down , save that paint . do a thorough , lubrication drain / upgrade , take advantage of what works , and enhance every bit of that . good luck , questions ? just ask , pete

• Excellent 1

upstateyankee50
11 hours ago, D_Mac said:

back plate and the air cleaner cover is what I need thanks 

upstateyankee50
8 hours ago, peter lena said:

@upstateyankee50   would love to be on the recovery of that , use a separate gallon jug of carb cleaning fuel to run , is there oil in it ? would easily bring it to life, no screaming  needed, let it heat up , observe what's going on , would do a hot drain oil change , would use rotella  30 wt  and  rislone zink additive to the oil , note how quickly the oil turns color , its cleaning and salvation has many positive effects .drop carb bowl , clean out , refit , ran in a couple of engines like that , came out very well . would also give that paint a lubrication soak down , save that paint . do a thorough , lubrication drain / upgrade , take advantage of what works , and enhance every bit of that . good luck , questions ? just ask , pete

thanks for the information and when I checked the oil at the sellers home ;there wasn't any oil on the dip stick so once arriving home I added the 2 quarts that it holds ;as well I checked the fluid in the transmission and that was full and very clean but I am going to buy a new filter for it ; today I gave it a good cleaning with the degreaser and after 4 cans it looks so much better ;the carb is brand new which was installed yesterday and the old girl fired right up though that idea of the paint sounds very interesting ;that for sure I will try and yes now that the oil has lubricated everything inside it is time to drain it and do what you mentioned 'thanks again

• Excellent 1

peter lena

@upstateyankee50  very glad you asked about the oil !  get some time on that oil , like hours , let it do its work and help flush out the debris when its hot and dark , should have the black coal  oil drain effect . regularly give my horses a aerosol lubricant spray / rub down , done that for years , paint still looks very good . keep going , glad for you  pete

• Thanks 1

upstateyankee50
On 8/14/2022 at 4:58 AM, D_Mac said:

would you have the complete set air cleaner  cover plus the back plate 

D_Mac

No ... I had a C-161 couple years back. I had to replace mine because of the shaker mounts. It vibrated so bad that over time it rip the sheet metal on the back plate where it screws onto the carb. Best thing I ever did to that machine was to change from the rubber mounts to solid mounts.

20210314_232121.jpg

D_Mac

20220816_195903.jpg

upstateyankee50
On 8/14/2022 at 4:58 AM, D_Mac said:

I guess that you are to busy to reply back that is fine as these days we have to work to stay on top of the huge prices like most these days and it isn't going to get any better ;not that this matters but I was born and raised in the norther part of new York ;a trucker for close to 40 years than decided to retire but only due to my youngest daughter being killed by a drunk driver that did me in ;so after I decided to leave there and move to the Springfield MO area ;where it is so much cheaper to live plus the prices of homes and taxes plus the winters are so much milder and really not much snow to deal with of course most here really don't know what a snow storm is as if we get less that 6 inches it is a blizzard and they get all nerves and can't drive in it for sure we miss home but what we hear it would be wrong to move back as prices and the taxes ;so we will spend our days here ; and yes as a hobby I decided to get in to the wheel horse tractors as I grew up on them ;and at the present time I have 6 to enjoy ;the one that I just bought the 1968 is really in good condition and really I couldn't go wrong for the 150 price as all it needed was a battery and a few adjustments ;it came with a brand new carb but it did not have the air cleaner cover or the back plate after installing the carb with a spray of gas it fired right up and has been running great for close to a week 'the deck is in good shape and the pullies are good and have been greased ;so now I have a 1968-1969- 1970 chargers  with the 10 horse Tecumseh motors and a 1973 no name with the 16 horse motor a 1974 B-80 plus a very old 1967  wheel horse with the Briggs 10 horse ;things are good really but still a few parts would be nice   no picture of the 74

286042348_567947851433327_2559196901772896064_n.jpg

296322616_5939646699398393_4223659928135657750_n.jpg

thumbnail_20200802_173639.jpg

thumbnail_20200802_173616.jpg

20200430_163636[1].jpg

Mower Rotary 36in RD 1967 RL-367 TIPL.pdf

D_Mac

Sorry to hear about your daughter. I live in western NY. Once a NY'r always a NY'r. I replied in the 2 previous post. I don't have them but at one time I did have to replace them myself do to the shaker mounts.

Edited by D_Mac