mikekot3

Ariens snow blower with Briggs and stratton engine 15c134-3023-f8 info

mikekot3

I have a 2017 Ariens deluxe 24 snow blower with a Briggs and Stratton 15C134-3023-F8 that is labeled 1150 below the fuel tank. 

The symptom I have is the carburetor is expelling oil vapor droplets. I saw some youtube videos to look at the rocker arms to see if the exhaust rocker is moving the same amount as the intake rocker arm due to a worn cam lobe. When I removed the rocker arm cover the valve cap for the exhaust rocker arm fell out; which is supposed to be just below the rocker arm. I am presuming that valve lash is incorrect.

I have an older edition of the "briggs and stratton single cylinder OHV repair manual part number 276781" that was printed April 2002. Does anyone have a newer copy of the manual?

I need the specs for valve lash and torque values for the rocker stud and lock nut securing the rocker arm.

Edited by mikekot3

mikekot3

Thank you Gwest for replying to my question. Jack's small engine repair and amazon have the current repair manuals. The spec I got from a few mechanics is:  0.004 valve lash for intake and exhaust rocker arm clearance as measured at tdc and that valve is open. On Youtube is some videos by tarylfixesall on how to set valve lash. Also apparently there have been some camshaft lobes not given the proper hardness causing them to fail in recent years. Another common failure is the valve guide shifting in the cylinder head so it not flush with the casting as viewed in the exhuast port.

Edited by mikekot3

mikekot3

I adjusted the valve lash to 0.004 and the engine seems to run well now.