ohiofarmer

wiring diagrams simplified

ohiofarmer

I have a ten Horsepower engine with the starter-generator and it needs to be installed to replace one just like it. trouble is, that the original engine was done incorrectly and you had to hook and unhook the coil in order to get it shut down. The connections happen at the delco box and the tractor has the heavy wired flow through switch that makes the starter turn.

i remember that there are excellent simplified diagrams on the forum , but for some reason cannot locate them,

Thank you in advance from the farmer

It does appear that there is some variation on these from what i am seeing. i would not mind at all to put a solenoid on the tractor because of all that power going through the switch right behind the gas tank.Mine has no solenoid and has the red light

Edited by ohiofarmer

ebinmaine

Here's the thread you're looking for Farmer. 

J854D

Go to the files/manuals section and look up your specific model tractor. Download the file and you’ll find OEM wiring diagrams that you can print off. @gwest_ca has revised the original diagrams with nice color coded charts and wire gauge sizes. -JD-

Edited by J854D

953 nut
5 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

ten Horsepower engine with the starter-generator

Would you mind telling us the model number? 1054, 1055, 1057 all had the S/G but all had a different ignition switch. 

• Like 1

ohiofarmer
14 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Would you mind telling us the model number? 1054, 1055, 1057 all had the S/G but all had a different ignition switch. 

Mine is a 1056, so the last wiring diagram applies. No solenoid and no lights. serial number 242090 It has a cigarette lighter which would make it convenient to do a take off and add a solenoid and a momentary switch starter button.to trigger the solenoid . or just get another five blade switch and do it that way.

953 has the diagram that I was seeking.thanks to him for posting it and EB for locating it.  BTW, do the letters stamped on the rectifier stand for Field, Battery, and Lights?

Also i just used a motorcycle tube to surround the switch since full battery power is running through it.The plastic shields original to the tractor were pretty far gone. Putting a solenoid in the system would make it easy to divert all those starting amps away.from behind the gas tank.

i also firmly believe that the "wiring diagrams to help you understand thread should be a sticky in the Electrical section. Thanks so much

• Like 1

pfrederi

on a four terminal regulator the three top terminals are Load, Batt and Field.  the A armature is on the bottom.  On a 3 terminal regulator they are Field Battery and Generator (Gen)