Bill D

Another hydro pedal

Bill D
On 5/8/2023 at 11:44 AM, Handy Don said:

Liking the belt and suspenders approach to keeping your pant up. Auto return and pedal.

I took the tractor for a test drive yesterday before work.  If I go full speed down the hill on the road next to my house the spring can't overcome the force from the transmission and the pedal won't return to neutral.  Other than that it seems to work pretty well.  I can't install a stronger spring without the pedal being too hard to push .  For normal use the setup I made should be fine.  Still a work in progress I guess.

• Like 2

Handy Don
14 hours ago, Bill D said:

I took the tractor for a test drive yesterday before work.  If I go full speed down the hill on the road next to my house the spring can't overcome the force from the transmission and the pedal won't return to neutral.  Other than that it seems to work pretty well.  I can't install a stronger spring without the pedal being too hard to push .  For normal use the setup I made should be fine.  Still a work in progress I guess.

Maybe a combo of two springs at different angles?

One to get it moving off of the “full deflection” position and another to have it pull the rest of the way into neutral.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Bill D
      By Bill D
      Can I change the hoses on my GT1800 without draining the transmission?  Thanks. 
    • Bill D
      By Bill D
      I have a GT1800 that I have swapped an M14 into.  The original drive belt is too long for the Kohler.  I tried a 7473 belt and that was too long.  I'm guessing I need an 81" belt.  Does anyone know for sure?  I'm thinking it should be the same length as a 314H?   I'm trying to avoid multiple trips to TSC with the price of gas.  Yes, I do have the correct hydro pulley on the Kohler.  Thanks.
    • Bill D
      By Bill D
      I've got an Eaton 1100 in a GT 1800.  I noticed that it pushes quite easily after it had been sitting and not running for awhile.  The manual says the transmission should lock up when pushed, but this one doesn't.  I've had it running and it does move okay.  It will lock up if you try to push it right after you shut it off?  It hasn't been running in a month, and now it pushes easily.  Is this normal or do I have a problem? 
    • Bill D
      By Bill D
      Does anyone have a part number or source for the plastic washer that goes between the hub and transmission housing on the Eaton 1100's.  Can't seem to find a part number in the diagrams.  Thanks. Bill
    • GEnd
      By GEnd
      Hi members,
      looking at picking up my first red tractor this weekend, but the owner has discovered and disclosed what appears to be a leak behind the "brake drum" which is just behind the PTO clutch. Photo shows oil pooling at the bottom of the drum.  Looks like seal 253-44 could be the culprit.  I'm guessing this is a relatively easy fix, but if you have done this or have expertise/advice to share, I'd love to hear your thoughts before I make a deal.  Thanks!