Larry P

Polarity Issue

Larry P

I have a 1988 520 H Model Wheel Horse. Does any of this Model have a Positive ground system?

953 nut
13 minutes ago, Larry P said:

Does any of this Model have a Positive ground system?

:WRS:

NO, all electric start Wheel Horse models are negative ground. Any questions you may have we will be happy to help.

Larry P

Thank you and GOD BLESS!

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

pacer

Heh! kinda off topic here, but .....

Many a year ago I got a 1959 Jaguar and rebuilt it up to a pretty nice ride and my little bride loved it and was HER car for several yrs. So, back to this topic, it had positive ground (what a pain to fool with here in the states where EVERYthing is neg ground)

One night she takes the boys to a church function and they get through and the Jags battery was dead and of course several of the other members wanted to help and jump it off and proceeded to hook up the cables when my 11 yr old yells at the guy "NO NO NO, thats backwards" -- say what??? so It took several mins for the 11 yr old and my wife to convince the guy that it had a POSITIVE ground. He finally gives in and conx it 'backwards' shaking his head and it starts right up. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

@larryp  those models are known for electrical issues,  multiple safety switch ,stop / start , connections , tight chafing wiring , cracked electrical plug in connections , with a powdery crack visible to indicate problem ,  your battery ground bolt to cowl / chassis area , is a very good spot to add another battery cable to , engine / chassis , make connection , paint free , dielectric grease ,use serrated washers that grip bolt down point , have any ALLIGATOR  SQUEEZE CLIP TEST WIRES ?  makes a wire issue , easier to find ,  just some ideas, pete     

Larry P

Thanks Pete.

roadapples

:WRS:

WHX??

:WRS: Larry

5 hours ago, 953 nut said:

NO, all electric start Wheel Horse models are negative ground. 

Not nessarily Dick... Dan and I scored a 520 for a buck once and it had positive ground... 'course once we flipped it around it started right up! :D

• Haha 3

Larry P

Thanks for your input. Larry P