Wheelhorse616

Wheelhorse Tractor Shows in NJ

Wheelhorse616

Hello Everyone, I recently did a full restoration on my 312-8 I was wondering if anyone knows of any shows in nj or in pa that is relatively close, shows within two hours of north jersey in particular. I would like to enter it into a show to see if I could win a reward for the work I have done and that I am very proud of. If anyone knows about any shows or has any idea on where to find shows, It would really appreciate it. Thanks.

• Excellent 1

wallfish

Jacktown

https://www.facebook.com/JacktownBlueMountain

I don't know about any "rewards". Only one show up here that I know of does some "judging" on stuff. (Belltown) Most people are already packed up and gone by the time they get around to it at 2:00-3:00 pm anyway.

The biggest reward you can get IMO is being proud of your accomplishment and enjoying the finished product. The shows up here in New England are pretty much bring what you got so we will get to see everything from beautifully restored collections to crappiest rusty old jallopies (which is what I prefer to see and bring). The "no judging" means people don't have to worry about bringing only trailer queens to compete with so there ends up being a lot more machines brought there because you're NOT going to be judged. Plus with any judging there's always going to be someone with a lot more money than the next guy to ruin it. It always ends up with something done way over the top, professionally done with a $10,000 paint job that not many others can even come close to compete with. Most likely the guy displaying something like that only paid to have it done and he always wins over the shade tree mechanic for example who did something with his grandson and has all their own blood sweat and tears into theirs.  

Most shows are antique engine shows so you will see MUCH older stuff than an 80-90s tractor. Don't let that discourage you because everyone still likes to see different stuff. There will probably be even more modern things there too. Take it to the shows even without any competition going on and people will see it, they'll stop, ask questions, you can explain all about it and show it off in all it's glory! You might find something like that much more rewarding than any little plaque or ribbon. Engine shows are full of friendly people as we all have the same common interest so it's typically pretty easy to make friends there.

:twocents-02cents:

Do some searching and you should be able to find a few more in the area

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5
  • Heart 1

Achto

Most shows in my area don't do judging. Why??? They try to avoid the "He with the most money" wins the prizes mentality. Not a bad idea in my mind, keeps it more about preserving the history of the machines and less of a fashion/trailer queen show. :twocents-twocents: 

Edited by Achto
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 2

Jeff-C175
1 hour ago, Achto said:

don't do judging

Does everyone get a "participation trophy"?

• Haha 1

Achto
1 hour ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Does everyone get a "participation trophy"?

Exhibitors get a show plaque, until the club runs out.( First come, first serve.) Spectators get to see pieces of history/art and talk to people who are passionate about their hobby & like to share info. 

Just a note: Go to a car show & try to pry info out of an exhibitor as to where they found some rare original part that is on their car. Specially if you happen to be looking for said part.  Most likely ain't gonna get the info you want. Competition tends to make people too competitive. 

• Excellent 2