Sparky

Do I need this spring?

Handy Don
39 minutes ago, kpinnc said:

would have to get a closer look while walking their dog

An astute observation.

And if you equipped it with "person" proximity sensors they'd still find a way to thwart it.

Warning sounds, lights, or announcements? Ignored

Water or high intensity sound cannon? Another lawsuit.

Aha! Build a dummy version of yourself that "walks" behind it so it looks routine!

• Haha 2

rmaynard

NMIR is another result of a litigious society. Sears was sued because an idiot tried to pick up his mower to trim his hedge and cut off his fingers. McDonald's was sued because someone spilled hot coffee in their lap, and now we have to have it printed on the cup and cap that coffee is HOT. It goes on and on. I have a JD 300X which had NMIR and I defeated it by putting a jumper wire in the circuit. There are times when the only way to cut some areas is when you are going backward. As far as killing or maiming someone, especially a child, I have sympathy. But the problem is more the idiot in the seat than anything else. I always say that the actions of a few morons should not make my job harder. Don't hate me for saying that, but if you have been around mowers and coffee as long as me, you are silently agreeing with me.

• Like 3

kpinnc
7 hours ago, Handy Don said:

Aha! Build a dummy version of yourself that "walks" behind it so it looks routine!

That just might work! :lol:

• Like 1

Lagersolut

I bought my 315- 8 brand new - the seat switch and reverse mowing - both were bypassed with jumpers - I have hills here tractor shutting off and/or back firing from hitting that switch had to stop - clutch damper also disappeared now a fully fictional old school spring is replacing it . I’m the only one who runs my 3 tractors - no small children here - I set my units up the way they work for me . 

Edited by Lagersolut
  • Like 1

clueless
On 7/23/2022 at 10:23 AM, clueless said:

While I'm not thrilled with most safety switches and devices I understand the need. Once these tractors and riding mowers became popular 40 years ago there have been may reports of small children and animal being maimed or killed because someone back over them, it behooved the manufacturer to help save us from ourselves. While they may have some moral thoughts for doing this the bottom like always is money. Think McDonalds being sued for hot coffee and my favorite Winnebago back in the day being sued because the dude bought a new one and was headed down the interstate and set the cruise control and got up and headed to the back to fix a pot of coffee:handgestures-thumbupright:. Just think about things you buy now, the safety section in the owner's manual is larger than the instruction section. While all of these may help some, like Ron White says "you can't fix stupid".

After years of hearing the Winnebago story I decided to check it out, like many stories it turns out to be another urban legend:eusa-think:, but I still say you can't fix stupid:snooty:

• Like 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, clueless said:

After years of hearing the Winnebago story I decided to check it out, like many stories it turns out to be another urban legend:eusa-think:, but I still say you can't fix stupid:snooty:

The one about McD's coffee is mostly incorrect hearsay as well.  

It's an interesting read as an actual case. 

Horse Newbie
2 hours ago, clueless said:

Airplane auto-pilot !:hilarious:

D2A57198-1788-439E-9745-1456D6117CD1.jpeg