cafoose

1951 lawnmower by the Indian Motorcycle Company

953 nut

image.png.6afc4617682c7dc757b1b50d415a6ca5.png

With aerodynamics like that I bet it would have great down force, wonder what the wind tunnel numbers are on it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

cafoose
20 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

image.png.6afc4617682c7dc757b1b50d415a6ca5.png

With aerodynamics like that I bet it would have great down force, wonder what the wind tunnel numbers are on it. 

Faster than a zero-turn :auto-dirtbike:

• Haha 1

WHX??

You see that in person 'Foose or pull that off the net? Either way pretty cool. Hard to believe that was a production mower. 

Certainly got 50s style with those tail lights. 

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1

Jeff-C175

This is one of those "internet legends".

It's not old.  It's not an Indian.

It's a custom job, and one of a kind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??

Points for one of a kind Jeff....:lol:

• Like 1

cafoose
1 hour ago, WHX?? said:

You see that in person 'Foose or pull that off the net? Either way pretty cool. Hard to believe that was a production mower. 

Certainly got 50s style with those tail lights. 

I saw it on Facebook. Quick search pulled this up. I think it's a hoax :lol:

https://www.indianmotorcycles.net/threads/indian-motorcycles-lawn-mower.303964/

cafoose

Handy Don

Notice the carb attached to the crankcase. Two-cycle engine.

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH
7 hours ago, cafoose said:

I saw it on Facebook

So it must be true… :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 3

8ntruck

Hoax or not, that thing is cool.  I want one!

Jeff-C175
15 hours ago, cafoose said:

I think it's a hoax

I wouldn't call it a hoax.  The guy that built it never claimed it to be old.  He never claimed it to be an Indian manufactured item.  He only put the Indian emblems on there to go with what he named it... "Little Scalper".

I would call it a rumor.

It was D-bags on the internet that took the pictures and began to perpetrate the rumor that it was in fact a "1951 Indian" lawn mower.  And, as we all know, internet rumors go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.... etc...

Impossible to stop once they start.

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Like 1

cafoose
11 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

I would call it a rumor

Good point :handgestures-thumbupright: