Jose

Starting issues

Jose

Hey all I have a problem starting 520h  New battery new voltage regulator new coil ignition dash lights work seems to be getting power I’m hearing click click from the relays underneath the battery I can’t figure out why it won’t start any ideas out there thank you… 

lynnmor

You should have a small light blue wire going to the starter solenoid, check to see if you have voltage there when the key is turned to start.  If there is no voltage, check thru the safety switches and relays till you find where the voltage is lost.  Use the Demystification Guide to trace the starting circuit.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

roadapples

Hold the key on and wiggle the wires to the fuses...

• Like 2

953 nut

Begin by checking the condition of the terminals in the Nine Pin Connector, the power to your ignition switch and all electrical loads comes through it. Clean and tighten all electrical connections including grounds.

• Like 4

peter lena

@Jose agree with others above on possible spots , that seat relay spot is a common issue , corrosion , chafing wires . those ground areas  could be checked along with verified ground to battery cable ground bolt to frame area , pete  

• Like 2

Jose

Hey all thank you everybody for helping me out.  it ended up being the blue wire shorted out needed to replace thank you everybody for your Help… up and running Yahoo!! 

• Like 2

peter lena

@Jose  glad you are running ! , very often suggest this , especially with wiring , is there any point  / connection on your set up that you can touch or move , and cause a failure / shut down ? thats how you want to check and verify  reliable operation. think about it , you are running / starting , but if you move this  wire / connection , it shuts down . have done that basic backtrack , on every problem area that I  had . also on the mechanical / linkage / lever set ups , typically work , but sloppy , stiff with function , lubricate , washer up connections , firm/ solid easy function .  just about every tractor I  see is a long over due maintenance wreck , just from the basic regular  should do things. take advantage of your running and start making anything better , just an idea , question? just ask , pete 

• Excellent 1

Jose

Thank you :wh: