S416-8

Bolens GT2000

Dakota8338

Yes, Sir, It is a nice machine for sure.  Hope it serves you long & faithfully.

• Like 1

S416-8

Thanks.. right now I am using it to move a hill.. slowly but it is working 

1957allis

Hello S416-8...  Just picked up the Troybilt version of your Bolens... and trying to rework the loader pump as it currently has a leaking log splitter pump (quart per week) welded to the PTO shaft and a little too much "re-engineering".  Found the proper pump, coupler and have an extra PTO assembly for it... Was wondering if you have any pictures of the rubber mounting plate that pump mounts too or if you know the thickness... I think I am going to have to make it..  I was looking at baler belting 3/16 (too thin) and then found conveyor belting (minimum 15 feet) but 13/32... so still thinking  Thank-you for your time, Tom in Michigan 

327825206_781940889980677_2108886601917607470_n.jpeg

327158920_2968207466807840_7260938770321651066_n.jpeg

328793559_1194803974760115_1291870087575100990_n.jpeg

• Like 1

S416-8

Hi and I will be able to shortly. My pump is currently at the shop getting a new gasket made so I don't have it.. If I had to guess I thinking probably 1/2" think. I have to re-do mine as well as one of the mounting holes have ripped through. Can you hit me back up before the weekend and I hope to have my pump back on Fri. I can get you some pics and all the dimensions you need once it is back here.

oliver2-44
On 7/14/2022 at 12:38 PM, S416-8 said:

Love both can only keep one. 😡🥵

Move the loader to the Wheel Horse 

1957allis

Hello S416-8...  Thank-you that would be great and I guess the timing to reach out was right.  Are you making the replacement pad yourself?  Again, thank-you

• Like 1

S416-8

YW and was told the pump is done and ready but can't pick it up till Friday. I'll probably be fixing that myself and I did find the conveyor material on eBay, 1/2' thick and there are thicker ones, 6" wide for like $5 a foot plus another $15 to ship.  

Edited by S416-8

1957allis

Just found it...  3 ply material..  price seems very reasonable... think I will get a couple feet...just in case.  Again thanks for the help!  Looking forward to getting the new pump and getting this made... I walked by it in the garage today and saw it drip..grr.

• Like 1

S416-8

YW and will get some pics for ya as soon as I get it back/.. good thing is that having the pump off = better pics

S416-8

Hi got my pump back so here are the pics I promised. Hope they help. 

Pump5.jpg

Pump4.jpg

Pump3.jpg

Pump2.jpg

Pump1.jpg

S416-8

I ended up ordering the 3-ply 5/8 conveyor belt to make the replacement mount.   

1957allis

Thanks for sending over the pictures.  I ordered the 1/2"... I wasn't sure if I should go up to the 5/8 or not.. I tried measuring yesterday and with a washer was thinking 1/2 was right... but oops.  It looks like the hole pattern is a  square.  Do you know a rough dimension from the mount hole down to the pump hole?  I was debating about just putting the new pump on and then holding it up a bit on the back and then trying to take a measurement.  I should have my new pump and coupler in a week... but I need to change the PTO assembly from the parts tractor to this tractor first since the output shaft has the weld coupler on it...  Overall this setup form Bolens seem sa bit odd to me.. but I guess it lasted 30 years.  Again thank-you  Tom

• Like 1

S416-8

I don't right off but can get that to you. If you want I can do one better maybe.. If my scanner work, haven't tried it in a bit, I can make a pattern, scan it and then email it to you. Then you print it and you'll have the pattern.

Does you part tractor have a muffler that you just happen to not need ??? If it does, it is solid and you don't need it I may just want to buy it from you... 

1957allis

That would awesome if you could get a pattern... I am basically starting over on this project so that would be helpful.  My parts tractor came less the engine...  The later Troybilts came with the Kohler command engine and I believe the Bolens all had the flathead engine so probably would not have worked.  I do know that getting the parts tractor out of the truck with the loader was something I never want to do again...  I guess it was close to 500 pounds and had to have loader all the way up and my kid on the back blade to keep the back end on the ground...  Just got pink eye today from my kids.. so won't get much done this weekend.  Tom

• Like 1

S416-8

hint.. I think the tractor without the engine would be about 600 w/o loader. Add the loader for guess another 300 and nope wouldn't want to do that twice.. will take the mounting, trace a patter and get that emailed to you.

S416-8

Ok got the mount scanned. A bit rough cause of it's age. The 4" hoes are 1/2" dia and the center is 2" dia.

Pump Mount Loader.jpg

1957allis

Thank-you very much for sending over and my apologies for delay in commenting, was down and out this weekend.  I will post some pictures when I get it complete..  I received the 1/2 belting... which is double the thickness of the current homemade rubber that is on there now, so I am going to use it.  Appreciated you letting me know where to find it.  I am working my way forward on the tractor, found the hydrofan was also broken off, so going to take care of that then onto the loader pump.  Did you make your new one yet?  Take care!

• Like 1

S416-8

Hey there and np. . I just got my material in today as well. I think the 1/2" would have been a bit easier I went to the 5/8". More than enough room on the mounts but stiff to work with. I'll be making mine tonight as well. 

Edited by S416-8

S416-8

were you able to get that made? Took me 2 tried because of how distorted the old one was. 

Edited by S416-8

1957allis

Hello-  Moving slow on this project.  Just got the pump  / coupler and fan yesterday night in the post.  Hopefully will get the fan / driveshaft back on this weekend and my dash is broken as well  so need to swap that out off the parts tractor. Swapped out bar tires for the ag tires and took care broken seat mount.  Doing it agian... probably would have bought a different one... but they don't come up for sale very often and when the are only one town over.. hard to pass up.  Hopefully after this can start moving towards the front.  

• Like 1

S416-8

Good luck with all of the projects.. the engine fan is almost impossible to find so hope that is in one piece.

Yup got mine made and you were smart going 1/2" as the 5/8" worked but it hard to work with. That template I sent is close but I made another out of cardboard and tested it's fit before making the real one.

peter lena

@S416-8 take advantage of what works , enhance that area , to verify , then go after the obvious , maybe a corroded wire / connection ? always liked a bolens , very solid , old school  type of set up . might even give that paint a aerosol lubrication rub down ?  give it a fresh looking , water shedding finish , pete 

1957allis

Good Morning S416-8...  Finally getting back into the tractor...  seems like everybody has gotten sick in our house recently.  My engine fan is okay, it was the transmission fan that needed to be replaced and  completed the dash changed over.. steering wheel did not like coming off, although the drive shaft came off surprisingly easier then I expected.  Now on to the pump / hoses, etc.  I was looking at your pictures and noticed my return line was routed to the wrong place.. so corrected that and the hose "likes" the proper routing better.  Going to work on getting the old pump off this weekend... since the adapter is welded to shaft. 

1.  Curious how did you cut the belting material?  Plan on using a hole saw to cut the large hole and was thinking maybe a hack saw.. but that may take a while. 

2.  Also I notice they do not sell the hydraulic filter any more.. Do you happen to know what filter number IMG-2214.jpg.9579caf552b2e8735d77aa935e40db1e.jpgyou have on your tractor?  Previous owner had a car oil filter that seemed to leak and was mostly empty  so not sure if anything was evening going into it, not even sure if it is the right "head" at this point with so many other mods to the tractor.

Sorry for so many questions and any insight is appreciated..  I guess if I ever get if done I will know a lot about it and it should be "right".  Tom

IMG-2211.jpg

IMG-2213.jpg

IMG-2217.jpg

• Like 1

S416-8

GM and I can get you the filter numbers. I brought the old one to NAPA, they ran the cross references and got me the one that works. I used a razor knife to cut that belt to size (actually worked out great), a hole saw for the main hole and a drill bit for the others. 

1957allis

Awesome and Thank-you!

• Like 1