S416-8

Bolens GT2000

S416-8

Looking at one of these with the loader attachment and was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them. Thanks 

WHX??

No pics?

S416-8

Sorry it is still at the action and will be going over today to do the pre-auction check. Quickly did a start up and went through the forward/reverse check but want to go back and to the PTO and sadly the loader is detached so cannot check the functions on that. I did add the pic from the auction site. Seeing I will have more time on site time what should I be looking for regarding potential issues?

Thanks

loader.PNG

Edited by S416-8
  • Like 2

WHX??

Without the loader attached only thing you can do is check it over for hose condition, cylinder & spool leaks. 

Does look like a beast. Any idea what's in it for a motor? 

• Like 1

Achto
5 hours ago, S416-8 said:

Kohler Magnum M20QS

Good engine.

• Like 1

S416-8

I like the cast iron wheel weights bolter to cast iron wheel weights.. look to be just the right size for the 520 as well.. 1 set for each

Also like how it is built for the loader and removal can be done with just a little effort, 4 bolts, unplug the hydraulics from the tractor and put it away... the pull it away I'll have to figure out some sort of cradle for.. that's if I can pull this off.

Edited by S416-8
added

S416-8

Just went back to the tractor of course I can't run the loader but I dug through everything and the only thing that I found wrong is that the mounting bracket for the hydraulic controls for the loader is broken. Quick welding job and all will be fine. The tractor itself is super clean, all the fluids look new, no leaks could be found and the u-joints seem tight. If I get this I got ask at work which I would keep, Bolens, WH or both ?? 

Edited by S416-8

Sparky
46 minutes ago, S416-8 said:

If I get this I got ask at work which I would keep, Bolens, WH or both ??  

No brainer… BOTH!! 

• Like 5

OutdoorEnvy
1 hour ago, Sparky said:

No brainer… BOTH!! 

LOL!  That should be this forums motto...we get this answer a lot here :D

• Haha 1

S416-8

Both would = build a new "tractor shed" or give up keeping the car in the garage but maybe?? Still spend the time putting the WH package together and now have tones of $$ in it: Tractor, perfect snow blower, plows, wheel weights 2-sets, a couple of plows and the mid-mount grader blade.. so 

Edited by S416-8

S416-8

Got it. Paid more then I wanted but some guy at the auction would leave me alone bidding. Ran it before the auction as did a couple others and then it didn’t want to start. Gas gauge was reading empty so figure that was it. Won the auction, got it loaded and stopped and filled it up on the way home. Got home, started right up drove it off the trailer and to the garage. Went out later and started it up, got the loader on and now it doesn’t want to start. Turns over great, seems like it’s not gas cause wouldn’t fire with starter fluid so I’m assuming spark so have some work to do tomorrow. 

any additional advice is always welcome thanks 

9BC97364-F644-4A58-8E5A-82EC7FA17682.jpeg

F8A2FD5B-FB11-41C3-9311-64734AF4BC6A.jpeg

7EE111C5-0053-4FD0-B8F4-B008F5795F8B.jpeg

Edited by S416-8
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 3

S416-8

Just walked out to it, turned the key and it started right up.. fuel maybe??

WHX??
3 hours ago, S416-8 said:

Paid more then I wanted but some guy at the auction would leave me alone bidding

Why I hate auctions... always someone training on my parade.

Loose wires maybe?

Nice looking rig for sure. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

S416-8

what I am thinking and tomorrow I'll start going though everything 

• Excellent 1

S416-8

Well if I do decide to unload one it will probably not be the Bolens.. wow pilling that deck was like an all morning process. Not the flip a lever and done like wheel horse. Still a really nice tractor.. 

Edited by S416-8

WHX??

Deck looks like a beast too ... heavy 60 incher. Now you know why it's wise to have a dedicated mower and FEL.

Can you leave the deck on and run the loader too? Not many tractors can do it. 

S416-8

ya you can BUT I can't get the tractor in where I need to work if it is on. It seems like a drive over deck, didn't try that, which would help and of course this is the first time that I tried. 

S416-8

Just picked this up and been trying to find a front wheel bearing for it. I have exhausted every local location and most can’t pull the tractor up to find parts nor find anything to fit. Does anyone have a part number or place to order these from.

S416-8

Ok updates are

has a trashed front wheel bearing so have them on order. 

it is hard to start once warm but one plug looks bad so swapped them out. May need a could but cheap stuff first. 

welder the loader lever mounting plate last night which is all I found on the loader.  

still deciding which I’ll keep. I have about $2800 now into everything I grabbed for the horse,  less the loader but will be using the Bolens loader the most. Love both can only keep one. 😡🥵

S416-8

Fun times with the Bolens.. Coil seems to be bad. Won't restart if warm. Turns out that to get to the coil you have to pull, ugh, the engine... crazy stuff.. Maintenance on this is just so much more difficult over the Wheel Horse..

• Confused 1

S416-8

From the tractor forum help I was sent the instructions for pulling off and changing the ignition coil and the only way to the back of the engine is to pull the motor, take the back and side covers off. Nothing like the 520 where everything is easy to get at.. Still it is a nice tractor and the loader is a nice addition. 

• Like 1

sjoemie himself

Well that certainly is an interesting setup for the ignition coil. Good luck with the repair, hopefully it will fix your problem. Sure looks like a nice and capable machine.

S416-8

thanks.. I couldn't believe that was what the job would take.. 

S416-8

been moving tons of dirt cutting back a hill and it is a really capable little tractor.. starting to really like this little guy...

• Like 3