Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Bagger / Vacuum?

nylyon

Does anyone use a bagger or trailer vacuum on their horses? With all the rain here in SE NY, my mowing is few and far between. When I do get to cut, there is lots to clean up afterwards which I am doing with an old sweeper. Do the baggers work well with Horses?

jtmoyer

i like the vac bagger. it pickes up better then the one i had on the craftsman but it is harder to empty. u have to lift the full bags of grass off the unit and then dump it. the craftsman was a had bin and they just slid off. some day i rig up a craftsman hard bin to the wh blower. i have also used a trailer bagger and that was nice, sucked the grass right out of the ground. but it was really hard to empty and hard to move around and get under the trees. i mowed with the craftsman because i wanted to bag the grass and i could not find one for the horse that was not in the north east and under the $500 i could sell the craftsman for.

whfan74

I used to own a 211 with a bagger at my old place. I bought it strictly because we were surrounded by large pine trees. It took me one fall of trying to pick up all those needles with my walk behind. It worked great and saved me tons of time.

I have been looking for a bagger unit for my 312 for quite some time now. I unfortunately passed on one of the members units because I thought I could find something closer........of course it sold and now I am kicking myself.

I would support the decision of a good bagger for your unit.

Jim_M

I use this one mainly for leaves, but I tried it on grass and it works great. Not as hard to manuever as the trailer type and easier to store but I have to empty it a little more often.

untitled201.jpg

Bill

I Use a Cyclone Rake Vac. made right here in Ct. This is my 6th yr with it and works great.. Sorry the Photo is not the Best, but have to blame that on the Wife.....

IM001169.jpg

WHC-125

The memories with Bill having long hair. More leaves went in his hair then they did in the bagger :thumbs: And Bill your father seems to really like the C-175 maybe you should trade for his 314 :thumbs2:

kpinnc

Mine is a home made thingy, but works great. I use it on the 310-8 with the 37SD. It'll pick up grass, leaves, gravel from the driveway and small farm animals that get too close. :thumbs2::thumbs:

IM000599.jpg

IM000598.jpg

Best part is that it dumps from the seat:

IM000601.jpg

The bin and pivots are from a Kubota, and the rest was made from angle iron and an old set of casters.

Kevin

Rideawaysenior

I've got a PECO power 10 which is the frame mount power assisted bagger that I use on a 308-8 with the 37in. deck. It works real good especially with the heavy we stuff. I've got someone dropping off a power assist wheel horse bagger this week which I am anxious to try out. I'll bet it is just as good as the PECO.

I have a Craftsman GT5000 that has a regular bagger and it works well but in the heavy stuff and leaves, it tends to clog easily. I just don't feel that the deck can create the same draft and air flow that a pony motor or power assist can create.

lotus1967

Ditto the PECO. Using 2 bags rather than the 1 big one makes emptying a bit easier. I'll take the frame mount PECO any day over a EZ Vac trailer unit I used to use behind a 19 HP Cadet I once had. You certianly don't want that trailer getting anywhere near a hillside and like has been said before, under trees and sharp turns are a problem

If you go with the frame mount type be sure to get at least front wheel weights. When they get full they do tend to make the front end a bit light. This happens even on my 418-8 with the weight of the Kohler twin up front. A suitcase weight out front would be even better. I just happen to use wheel weights all around.