W9JAB

RM-366

W9JAB

It all started while mowing the lawn, I heard the belts lock up and the blades stop turning. I got off the tractor to see what the problem was. The idler sheave had cocked off to one side and jammed everything. I centered the sheave and finished the lawn.

I got the idler off and found one of the two bearings trashed so on with the search for the bearings.

rm366.jpg

rm366006.jpg

rm366007.jpg

The Wheel Horse part # 6593 seemed to be O.E.M. and my local Toro dealer could bring them in.

The NICE bearing # 3015dc did not seem to cross over to anything.

Now as long as I had to wait for bearings I thought it would be a good time to replace the deck belts that looked 40 years old.

As I got into it I see why the belts have never been replaced, You need remove all of the top bracket assemble to change out the belts, And as long as I'm in this deep better put it new hardware and clean it up a bit.

I like to use Rust-Oleum rusty metal primer, the stuff sticks to any metal surface and as long as you use Rust-Oleum topcoat it will work great, and if you use gloss paint grass dose not stick well so it hoses off well.

Come winter I will rework the paint but for now at least it's protected for now.

rm366001.jpg

rm366003.jpg

rm366004.jpg

rm366005.jpg

W9JAB

Some cross over parts

rm366008.jpg

W9JAB

:thumbs:

What? no replys :thumbs2:

Duff

Not sure what to say except - nice work! :thumbs2: And I'm a big fan, too, of Rustoleum rusty metal primer both for its stick-to-anything quality and its ability to fill minor imperfections.

Duff :thumbs:

TJ

Tearing the deck down for belts is a real pain. Nice work. :thumbs2:

jla1257

Just got to thinking about the under side of the mower deck. Has anyone tried spraying the underside with spray in bed liner for trucks?