chev0545

clutch

chev0545

how to adjust clutch petal it doen't take ahold until almost out

Edited by chev0545
info

wallfish

Adjust the pedal linkage.

Thanks for the edit to add at least some detail.

Typically best if you can at least provide some minimal info on the tractor or you may just get some vague guesses instead of real answers. They are NOT all the same.

Plus any background info helps too, otherwise we need to pull teeth with a bunch of questions like, Is the brake engaging before the belt clutches? What is the issue with the pedal? Is anything broken? Is the pedal position too far forward? Is this a new to you tractor or something you already have and working on? Was there any modifications done or parts changed? Etc Etc Etc Please help us to understand the issue or concern so we can help you!

Edited by wallfish
  • Like 4

chev0545

on a 416 8 doesn't take ahold until almost out

ri702bill

How about the condition of the belt? If the sides are really worn, it rides deeper in the pulley grooves and "acts" like it is too long - and would give you the condition you described .....

• Like 2

953 nut
11 hours ago, chev0545 said:

doesn't take ahold until almost out

Is this a situation that has been coming on slowly or is it a sudden change?

peter lena

@chev0545 agree with others on possible trouble spots , main thing I  have found is rusty neglected linkage movement areas . when you go over every , and I  mean every intended movement point , use an aerosol lubricant , along with movement , make the rust run out , red and tacky aerosol , tube extension , next for lasting function , is the pull spring , rusty , stuck in place ? with any linkage , EVERY PIECE MOVES THE NEXT PIECE , VERIFY THAT SMOOTH EASY FUNCTION . don,t make me come out there , only kidding ! should be an easy find , good luck with it , pete 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

wallfish

2 more teeth pulled so far.

Now going for a molar--- OUCH. How about a pic with the belt guard off?

I typically don't mind playing some dentist to try and help get to the root but with such vague descriptions and refusal to give any background info from a 750+ poster with 11 years, this one is probably going to end up as being full blown dentures. Sorry for being so curt but it just seems like it's difficult to get the mouth open to begin. People here want to help you and want to share possible solutions and want to share experience. That's one of the best parts of the community.

If you don't know any background, say so.

If you tried anything so far, say so

There is not a simple "turn the screw to the left" type of solution for this!

• Like 2

stevasaurus

I'll take a stab at it.  :confusion-confused:  Most of our horses, the clutch is not adjustable.  The pedal is adjustable, but only for your foot comfort height.  That may be all you need to fix your problem...if it is not a stretched or worn belt.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

@ STEVEASAURUS , seen  a lot of wheel standing , jumping horses , usually associated with , rusty linkage , rusted , weak related springs . obviousely  drive belts are part of this problem . a problem is rarely at a single point , its a combination of worn / neglected areas . just what I  have seen , pete

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

chev0545

removed the damper strut that fixed it

• Like 1