Bradshawn

First one !

c-series don

Nice! Those 78-79 C-Series are my favorite! 

• Like 4

peter lena

@Bradshawn  nice unit , take advantage of its operational  function , snoop around checking for anything , might plan on a trans oil change and new shift boot , have my c-85 , just over 40 years , still my favorite !  pete

• Like 2

Bradshawn
29 minutes ago, peter lena said:

@Bradshawn  nice unit , take advantage of its operational  function , snoop around checking for anything , might plan on a trans oil change and new shift boot , have my c-85 , just over 40 years , still my favorite !  pete

I will definitely keep that in mind thank you. As for trans oil I know it’s 2 quarts. Do you have a specific one you recommend 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Bradshawn said:

I will definitely keep that in mind thank you. As for trans oil I know it’s 2 quarts. Do you have a specific one you recommend 

Nice lookin' rig!

Like @peter lena says, check it over real well as you have time. 

Lube everything that moves. 

The oil for a manual transmission is basically whatever inexpensive 80 or 90 weight you can find. 

There's a thread with a checklist you can use to check off everything as you go...

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Horse Newbie

Very nice looking tractor…

:text-welcomewave: to :rs:!!!

• Like 2

EB-80/8inPA

This is one of those “do’s” from that other topic.  Really nice original survivor.  Well done.  You’ll be amazed at how capable that little engine is, too.

:text-welcomeconfetti:

how much do you want for it?  lolz

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

peter lena

@Bradshawn usually walmart has that oil in stock , you can find a shifter boot on this vender site , or on the net , use a razor blade to cut off the old boot use a dielectric grease on the shifter lever and on the boot hole for easy installation . also good to jack up front of tractor about 6" off ground to increase drainage . and a good time to grease it . basic maintenance , pete 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
11 minutes ago, peter lena said:

also good to jack up front of tractor about 6" off ground to increase drainage

Also true. 

There's a bump inside the bottom of the transmission where the middle bolt hole goes through.  

But..... I'd increase the amount to:

whatever you can safely do.

I use a jack on blocks or my chain falls to raise the front of the tractor 20",+/-.  

FYI. The drain for the transmission is on the BOTTOM of the case near the hitch at the back.  

• Like 3

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti: @Bradshawn!  Be warned, they tend to multiply!  

• Like 2

Rob J.

I said I only need one a year ago and here I have 5 now. I’m enjoying every minute of it. For the near future I plan to save as many as feasibly possible. That means to put back into working order using WH parts. Just have to get them for the right deal to flip it to someone for a right deal. It can be done. Preserving is my goal, not profit. Welcome to the fam, just don’t get divorced over it for Pete sakes now. 😉😜😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Bradshawn
2 hours ago, Rob J. said:

I said I only need one a year ago and here I have 5 now. I’m enjoying every minute of it. For the near future I plan to save as many as feasibly possible. That means to put back into working order using WH parts. Just have to get them for the right deal to flip it to someone for a right deal. It can be done. Preserving is my goal, not profit. Welcome to the fam, just don’t get divorced over it for Pete sakes now. 😉😜😂

Haha she hasn’t left me yet. I have a lot tied up in other “hobbies” I sold my boat and this is the replacement. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

Retired Wrencher

Brad  :WRS: as you can see lot`s good help here. Enjoy the tractor even if just down the street or around the yard. Just ride it and feel it out for any things that may need attention.

Edited by Retierd Wrencher
  • Like 2

Blasterdad
18 hours ago, c-series don said:

Nice! Those 78-79 C-Series are my favorite! 

18 hours ago, peter lena said:

still my favorite ! 

Agreed! The C-81 was our first :wh:, My Grandfather bought it brand new in '78, & yes they do multiply! ( I have 4 C-81's now ). 

Nice find, you're going to love it! Welcome to the Forum!

IMG_0145.JPG.1b1495789f667e35eb18880862ca03a9.JPG

One grazing with her older sister the 12 Auto.

IMG_0182.JPG.10d309d8748d98a66f34eeaa8d884014.JPG

Edited by Blasterdad
  • Excellent 4

EB-80/8inPA
10 hours ago, Bradshawn said:

Haha she hasn’t left me yet. I have a lot tied up in other “hobbies” I sold my boat and this is the replacement. 

It’s been said that the two happiest days in a man’s life are the day he buys a boat and the day he sells it.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2