dmoore

Kohler overhaul kit for the K181

dmoore

Does Kohler still sell an overhaul kit for the K181?  And if so where do you guy's buy em?

stevasaurus

That is a loaded question.  What are you looking to do??  I rebuilt two K-181's a couple of years a go.  I got my parts off E-Bay, but I got my small engine work done at a small engine shop.  Machined the crank, cylinder, did the valves on one of them.  Ordered pistons, rod, etc from E-=Bay...put them together and they run great.

An over-haul kit, what do you think that includes???  Just asking.  :eusa-think:

• Like 1

dmoore

Everything you see here. This guy is in Wauseon, Wi. and sells on eBay for $89.99.  The short time I had this 854 running after years of being idle it smoked a little on acceleration and deceleration. No noises, ran great, just little smoke. I figured now is the time to do it while it's being restored. It's standard bore and probably onley needs homing and rings. 

20220629_224541.jpg

WH nut
On 6/29/2022 at 10:50 PM, dmoore said:

Everything you see here. This guy is in Wauseon, Wi. and sells on eBay for $89.99.  The short time I had this 854 running after years of being idle it smoked a little on acceleration and deceleration. No noises, ran great, just little smoke. I figured now is the time to do it while it's being restored. It's standard bore and probably onley needs homing and rings. 

20220629_224541.jpg

I have used aftermarket like that with no problems.

• Like 1