S416-8

520H forward/reverse lever issues

S416-8

I am trying to figure out why my 520 has little to no reverse and when it works it is really close. Been looking on the site and have seen about adjusting the linkage under the seat. Checked and all seems tight. The one issue I did find is that where the bottom of the lever connects to the base, in yellow, where the spring is has a lot of play. There is no bushing there nor can I see anything in the parts breakdown but there is enough movement there to probably take almost off the movement out of the reverse movement, Should there be a bushing? Anyone add one there and if so what is the best to use?? 

image.png.cd0f5fcdda8ec8b89c759cf5c03b9a70.pngThanks

Edited by S416-8
double pic

S416-8

Think I found my bushing in part #5983 Bushing Nyliner Wheel Horse i a different pic.

roadapples

Are you pushing down on the handle before pulling it back...

• Like 1

lynnmor

Is that #65 pin in place and in good condition?

S416-8

Yes the pin is set and solid and possibly not pushing much. Didn’t notice how much of a step down it was till I pulled the cover off but found the missing bushing at the same time. Thanks 

S416-8

got it.. the adjustments under the center of the tractor were off just a bit and yup not pushing the level down enough.. no more complaints about speed that's for sure

Handy Don
4 hours ago, S416-8 said:

got it.. the adjustments under the center of the tractor were off just a bit and yup not pushing the level down enough.. no more complaints about speed that's for sure

Yep, if those links aren't well lubed then "press" for reverse becomes "press really really hard" for reverse.:)

• Excellent 1

S416-8

Still it did get me to find a few thing needing care and get new bushing ordered along with a new hitch from parts and more. 

• Like 1