subvet720

310-8 Transmission Tube/Dipstick Dimensions?

subvet720

I recently became the proud owner of the Conrad Weiser Marching Band Wheel Horse 310-8, and am in the process of finding or making the few parts that are missing. The transmission plug/tube appears to be a 1/2-14 NPT thread, so I can use a threaded stainless pipe to make this. What I don't know is the length of the pipe and the length of the dipstick. If someone that has these parts can let me know how long they are, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

SubVet720

20220601_153328.jpg

20220601_153332.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

8ntruck

:text-welcomeconfetti:to the forum.  Lots of good helpful folks here.

Check with some of the vendors listed in the vendors section of the forum. There are some there that deal in used parts.  They might have the parts you need, saving you the trouble of making them.

Neat looking tractor you have.  Must be a good story behind it. 

tunahead72

That is indeed a very cool looking tractor you have now, I would also love to hear the story behind it.  In fact, if you were to show up at the big Wheel Horse show in Arendtsville/Biglerville this coming Friday, I would be certain to stop by and have a chat with you.  And I'm sure others would as well.

I'm also certain that somebody there would have a transmission tube and dipstick that would work for you.

• Like 1

subvet720

I will be in Arendtsville at the Wheel Horse event tomorrow. I am also bringing my 12yo son along, as he enjoys smoke belching machines as much as I do.

Both of my sons are in the Conrad Weiser marching band, and I have been fixing this tractor for them for several years now. It sits in storage over the summer, and can be somewhat particular when it is time to start it at the beginning of the band season. They decided to use a loaner Polaris quad to tow their equipment, and offered the tractor up for sale. When they said $200, I had my cash ready. My youngest son and I drive it around the neighborhood daily, and although I think it may annoy the neighbors, we will not be held back in showing our Conrad Weiser & Wheel Horse pride :)

• Thanks 1