Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Hey bowtieguy: Generator ??s

Sparky

{Mike, where did you find this unit?..have been looking for one but didn't want to pay the asking price of 425...heck, I can buy a new unit with motor for 289 bucks but want to find a unit like yours first.

Got any suggestions?....I saw one at the PA show...the guy bought it from Harbour Freight and to verify that he had the WH revvvvved up to the correct rmps, he plugged and electric clock into the gen..when the second hand speed matched his time on his wrist watch he was ready to go to work....hows that for thinkin' outside the box?

--------------------

Frank in Missouri, the Show Me State}

Hey Frank. I moved this topic from the pics area to the attachments section.

I found it on E-bay and it was local with no shipping and I scored it for about $180. Came complete with the mounting stuff, just needed a belt. Its not genuine WH but it works great and mounts on a genuine WH generator mount. I run my tractor at about 3/4 throttle and it gives me 120/240volts. I know Northern Tools sells a unit like this that runs off a PTO. Dale(thirdroc) has one, 10,000watts I think.

Mine might have been a Sears tractor attachment when it started out.

Mike.........

bowtieguy

Thanks, Mike...I think I will check N Tool....had forgotton about them...several years ago Bell Telephone trucks came with a gen mounted under the hood and ran off of the v-belt system on the engine....I have one of them but have not been able to figure out how to hook it up on a WH....(electricity had not been invented when I went to school, or maybe I forgot to take that class)

Anyway, I want to put one on a WH C-165 to use on the farm...would be handy to drive the ole WH up to a gate and plug in a drill or saw to use on the "back 10"

WheelHorse_of_course

If all you want to do is power small tools you can use a 12 V inverter off the battery (or mount a belt drive alternator if you want to isolate it from the WH charging system.