Blasterdad

Another Rescue

Blasterdad

Just got her engine all back together today & started her up.

One shot of gas in the carb & she fired up instantly & idled like a purring kitten.

Took her for a test drive around the yard to warm her up & run her.

Transmission is strong & smooth, so far a very happy Horse.

Brought her back in the shop & changed her oil, about to go for another ride. 

I'm going to hate letting this one go....

IMG_0264.JPG.a56bdd8ed5128b288bb6c52bb14a9bf1.JPG

IMG_0263.JPG.b101c031dbc53cb94110fcdafd247da0.JPG 

Edited by Blasterdad
  • Excellent 5

Moparfanforever

Kohler 16HP , Hydrostat ,  Hydraulic Lift , doesn't get any better  !!!

Looks good!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

c-series don

Does the hour meter work? 

• Like 1

Blasterdad
14 minutes ago, c-series don said:

Does the hour meter work? 

It does now, I hooked it back up when I checked out all the wiring & hydro controls.

I have no idea if this tractor only has 40 hours on it but it sure runs like it does! 

Owner said it had been rebuilt, but either way it runs like new.

Like I said, gonna have seperation anxiety seeing this one go to her new home, Lol. :)

• Like 2

Wheelhorse616

Hello Everyone, I recently did a full restoration on my 312-8 I was wondering if anyone knows of any shows in nj or in pa that is relatively close, shows within two hours of north jersey in particular. I would like to enter it into a show to see if I could win a reward for the work I have done and that I am very proud of. If anyone knows about any shows or has any idea on where to find shows, It would really appreciate it. Thanks.

• Like 1

Blasterdad

I got slowed down this morning in a good way, made a short trip & picked up this beauty.

1995-96 42" Rear Discharge deck, great shape, hardly been used, just dirty. I've had my eye out for one for a while & finally got lucky.

Last on the list is a 60" & I'll have every size deck :wh: made. :romance-grouphug:

I did manage to get a little done on the C-160, tightened up the parking brake lever with a new cotter pin & washer, (old one was easy to get out, it fell apart when I touched it, Lol).

Primed & painted the belt cover, will let harden a few days while I replace axle & stub shaft seals. :)

PYWJ5536.JPG.8e62bd40df01d0796571d2b6e0c2c286.JPGIMG_0268.JPG.8a2102e390bc4390402ad772c4be0bb3.JPGIMG_0269.JPG.0a826a9e89ebdf71dead7d9d353c4d4f.JPGIMG_0270.JPG.bc3339f9cd2e854aba7ade83e170a5f8.JPG

• Like 4

ineedanother

Nice find on the deck and the belt guard looks like it's in great shape too! :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Blasterdad

Getting closer, down to the details.

They say money can't buy happiness.... Then how do you explain NEW :wh: PARTS !!! ( & ice cream ).  :wub:

IMG_0307.JPG.61e4f0aba28a665c5337f759be9dff14.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

Handy Don
16 hours ago, Blasterdad said:

NEW :wh: PARTS

YES!

• Like 1

Blasterdad

Pulled rear hub to today to change the seal, I've NEVER had one fight me this hard... It didn't win. :angry-cussingblack: :tools-hammerdrill:

IMG_0310.JPG.d44d0a5650e6709cef4a4e0013133e4e.JPG

IMG_0311.JPG.de43fb1d04436d28194a2c8ff102788e.JPG

IMG_0312.JPG.991a516f02e484e62343d2f4ccac425b.JPG

After cooling off & a trp to the hardware store for new screws I put the dash plate back on.

It was cracked & I repaired it from the back, then I had my Mother paint it for me, you're never too old to ask Mom for help.

Thanks Mom! :wub:

( I told her she didn't have to do the electric clutch because it doesn't have one )

IMG_0309.JPG.86b005031f98ddddaef70d62d514ff03.JPGIMG_0313.JPG.67e69ec2a397aba74b494a0f78382129.JPGIMG_0314.JPG.7413dd5671c0a5220ad29cf5ff698a56.JPG

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
23 hours ago, Blasterdad said:

NEVER had one fight me this hard

I had one took two WEEKS of tightening with the impact wrench, heat, cool, penetrating oil, repeat..

Not sure if it makes you feel any better... 🤪

Blasterdad
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Not sure if it makes you feel any better... 🤪

Actually it does, two weeks... WOW :thumbs:

• Like 1

ebinmaine
8 hours ago, Blasterdad said:

Actually it does, two weeks... WOW :thumbs:

Sometimes patience is key. 

That... And having extra parts. It wasn't a transmission I needed to have done right then. It had time to soak and re-soak.  

Blasterdad
6 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Sometimes patience is key. 

I agree, but in my mind this hub had given me the middle finger & told me to go urinate up a rope.

When inanimate objects talk back to me it's on & poppin'. :angry-jumpinganger:

I was patient with the SpeedEx though, it took about 2 weeks to free up the steering column, but that was understandable, poor girl had sat outside in the rain for years.

More of a "Help Me" conversation...:(:) 

• Haha 1

ebinmaine
26 minutes ago, Blasterdad said:

in my mind this hub had given me the middle finger & told me to go urinate up a rope.

When inanimate objects talk back to me it's on & poppin'. :angry-jumpinganger:

:ROTF:

I've definitely been there.  

I was told many years ago that in order to succeed in life we must be more intelligent than the object we are trying to conquer. Hence... I am regularly defeated by cardboard.  

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Blasterdad
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I am regularly defeated by cardboard.  

Humility is another trait that helps us succeed in life!

Great reply, love it! :thumbs:

• Like 1

peter lena

@Blasterdad take advantage of that deck condition , would totally spray it down with an aerosol lubricant , especially underside . would also have it on a chain hoist , so you can easily look things over , stand it on rear deck wheels at angle to soak in the lube , carefully clean it , sharpen blades with a small fine file , clean cloth lubricant wipe down , patina / paint saving , replace deck idler pulley , with same size wide bearing side shields , repack , lucas xtra hd chassis grease , would also clean out and repack those mule drive bearings , very easy , if you set this up correctly , it will run quietly and smooth for as long as you want .  lubrication detail every function , what an opportunity , picked up one like that , years ago , smooth and quiet . changed deck wheels to 7" , do not substitute  on the grease , lucas , x-tra heavy duty , chassis , green / white tube , all bearings , no whining  failure noise , pete  

ebinmaine

NIIIIICE!! 

• Thanks 1

peter lena

@Blasterdad  not only nice , but  the crisp / bright lights indicate a good ground , like the  patina retaining look , maybe a lubricant rub down ?  been experimenting  with  cnc  2-26  electrical  aerosol  as  well as mineral oil  on my paint , both safely retain paint , even did my CENTRAL  AC , unit outside , spray it down , let it soak , clean cloth rub down , looks very good  for  35+ years old , pete

Blasterdad
8 minutes ago, peter lena said:

not only nice , but  the crisp / bright lights indicate a good ground , like the  patina retaining look

Thank you, headlight bezel grounded directly to frame. I wanted her to retain her patina too, rubbed her down with WD. :)

• Like 1

peter lena

@Blasterdad  , typically that frame grounding is corroded or painted over ,  since adding a ground cable to my battery ground cable  bolt point and then to engine / frame corner , that has eliminated  electrical issues . keep it sparky , pete

Pullstart

Catching up on the thread, why did you have to let it go?

Blasterdad
1 minute ago, Pullstart said:

Catching up on the thread, why did you have to let it go?

I found it for a friend I grew up with, she knew I was big into Wheel Horses & asked if I had a rototiller for her garden.

After seeing my collection she decided she wanted one of her own, so I found this one for her, she bought it & I went through it for her top to bottom.

Her list of attachments has grown over the summer too, rototiller, front mower deck, mid mower deck, snow plow, snow blower, wheel weights & chains, & snow cab.

I retain visitation rights though, Lol. :) 

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Perfect patina.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1