Rob J.

1974 C-160 Auto

ebinmaine

@BOB ELLISON

Having texted back and forth with @Rob J. a few times I'm pretty confident your tractor has a fantastic new steward.

Excellent machine Rob. Super happy for you.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

Rob J.
57 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

@BOB ELLISON

Having texted back and forth with @Rob J. a few times I'm pretty confident your tractor has a fantastic new steward.

Excellent machine Rob. Super happy for you.

Thanks Eric for that and all your help. I’m in debt to you for all the info you have provided. Red Square is damn lucky to have guys like you and many others as well. Thanks to you all!!!

• Like 5
  • Heart 1

Pullstart

Glad you’ve got it home Rob!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, Rob J. said:

Thanks Eric for that and all your help. I’m in debt to you for all the info you have provided. Red Square is damn lucky to have guys like you and many others as well. Thanks to you all!!!

I'm just paying forward a small portion of the stuff I've picked up on here. Tractor information of course. But all kinds of other stuff too.....

• Like 4

pfrederi
1 hour ago, Rob J. said:

I purchased this tractor from Bob Ellison. First of all I want to thank Bob for giving me this opportunity. After picking it up on Tuesday I knew it truly was one of his kids. Just know I will take tremendously good care of it. 

The machine itself looks to be in very good mechanically order. A few little knick knacks, nothing major to complete it. Gas line from tank to fuel pump leaks a bit and it sometimes slips out of neutral and surges usually in reverse. Any ideas with that will be greatly appreciated. 

Over all I’m tickled pink. I do plan on swapping the seat out with a WH seat of that era. Also putting a proper hitch on it to pull my chipper and trailers around. 

Sounds like a neutral adjustment is in order and also you may want to adjust the tension on the motion control

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 3

pacer

Ahhh! the venerable C160! Gotta rank in the top 5? Horses -- and throw in an Auto and that moves it up another notch or 2 (at least on my list!)

@pfrederi suggestion is a good un, that motion control can be a bit finiky.

• Like 5

squonk

Make sure the plastic cam for the motion control isn't cracked.

• Like 5

Blasterdad
4 hours ago, pacer said:

Ahhh! the venerable C160! Gotta rank in the top 5? Horses -- and throw in an Auto and that moves it up another notch or 2 (at least on my list!)

@pfrederi suggestion is a good un, that motion control can be a bit finiky.

:notworthy:Beautiful C-160. I've "rescued" 2 of them now. Definitely one of my all time favorites, BEAUTY & the BEAST, I love the old long block Kohlers.  

• Like 6

ohiofarmer

Well, I wondered who got that tractor. I helped my buddy get the other c-160 auto.  Started a thread on it just mostly about the trip there and the privilege of meeting Bob.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1