Sign in to follow this  
Gene_S

Show Events... Looking For Ideas

Gene_S

Hi All,

A friend of mine puts a show on every fall in northern Indiana and we got together this weekend. He asked my wife and I to help at the show swap meet and we said we would.

Some questions I have for the people who go to the PA show. What did they charge for tickets for the tractor give away? We are looking to give a tractor away and want to be as far as possible with ticket prices.

We are planning on having a dead weight pull for fun, tractor balance table and maybe tug a war.

I am open to any suggestions for having fun at this event and would appreciate any ideas.

When the show swap gets closer I will post everything on here for anyone wanting to attend.

Thanks for your time

Gene :thumbs2:

Gene_S

Wow I thought some one would have some creative ideas for a tractor show. I'm open for any ideas you all can think of... :thumbs2:

HorseFixer

Gene they charge a buck a piece for the tickets for table prizes or for the tactor drawing and you can get 6 for $ 5.00 by the way were is this event at in Northern Indiana? you can drop the ticket in the table prize jug or the tractor drawing jug same tickets for both. :thumbs2: HOOGA BOOGA BOO! :thumbs:

Gene_S

Thanks for the response Duke... :thumbs2: The show will be at Mentone Indiana toward the end of september and it is a two day show. There was a really nice turn out last year and we are hoping for even more this year. It is a small park but there is enough room for our little show. I will post the flyer as soon as I recieve it if anyone else is interested.

Thanks,

Gene

Suburban 550

Sorry I seen your post so late, Gene. Duke pretty much said it all. As far as bein' creative the Wheel Horse show has a tech session, tractor parade, cruise night, and an ice cream social. Somethin' to think about. Good luck with the show and wish I lived closer. :thumbs2:

porkchop

I,d like to go if I don,t have to work . Keep us informed.

Gene_S

Thanks Suburban 550... I think them are some good ideas for our show... There is a really good person in MI who would be perfect for the tech session!!! Will have to give Joe a call. I will Porkchop!!!

whfan74

Gene,

I am planning on being there. Let me know if you need any help from me. As far as ideas I would suggest that you guys put your own little spin on the event. Make it unique....that is what keeps them coming back.

Looking forward to it! :thumbs2:

Gene_S

Hey Scott, I called your phone today and left you a message... Was just driving from Anderson to Indy and was going to chew the fat...

Take care and hope you can make it.

Gene

Rollerman

Wish I could help you Gene.

Millersburg has a huge public park in town with facilities & all.

I went to a town council meeting one time to approach them with the idea of a "GT" show.

My idea was lost in the brainstorming....the council wanted a full blow tractor show, charge admission....When I asked again about GT's the council members didn't think "lawn mowers" would bring a crowd....... :thumbs2:

So Gene thats my experience, hope you have better luck & count me in.

Gene_S

Hi Guys & Gals,

Here is the flyer for the Mentone Indiana show. If anyone has any questions please let me know I would be glad to answer them. I'm hoping a few guys and gals can make it.

Thanks,

Gene

MentoneShow137.jpg

whfan74

I will be there Saturday Gene! Going to bring a couple of horses and some things that I can hopefully sell.

Thanks for working on this!

Redbird

How about a "Slowest Tractor" race? LAST one over the line wins and NO stopping once you start forward, or, you're disquilified.

Gene_S

Thanks for the idea redbird!!!... hope to see you Scott... Sorry I didn't talk to you much last time when we met...

Thanks,

Gene

HorseFixer

Hey Gene whats the story on camping and such down there? What is the address of metzner park? :thumbs2:

Gene_S

Hi Duke... Thanks for asking that...

Camping is primitive, and there is a bath room no showers.

Address is:

South Oak Street

Mentone IN 46539

(This is the address of Bell Aircraft Musuem and the park is right behind it)

The wife and I will be camping there and plan on having chili over the camp fire saturday night. It is a small park and a small show but last year they had a great turn out on parts and lots of red tractors... Wheel Horse Of Course!!! But all kinds are welcome!!!

Thanks,

Gene :thumbs2:

Nick

It is a smaller show but a nice one. Forgot my camera last year so all I had was the cell phone camera.

mentone4.jpgmentone1.jpg

mentone3.jpg

clintonnut

How bout a chain box. Make a box out of 2x4's (make a second in case one breaks), hook a chain and see who can get the chain in the box fastest.

Charlie

Gene_S

Thanks for the picks Nick... I remember you there with your little work horse, and hope to see you again. Thanks for the idea Charlie but we will have that there. I done that game this year at another tractor show and the wife got me on time. I was using my Raider 12 and she was on her Lawn Ranger. She has foot rest and mine has running boards and it makes it so much harder when you cant see the chain box... But it is fun!

Thanks,

Gene :scratchead:

HorseFixer

It is a smaller show but a nice one. Forgot my camera last year so all I had was the cell phone camera.

mentone4.jpg

WoW! :hide: and they even have those BARRELS for me to ride in! :scratchead:

Hey Gene thanks for the camping update! :ychain:

whfan74

Probably going to be bringing my D 160, RJ 58 and the E-141 if there is any interest in seeing it from those planning on attending. It isn't up and running yet, but is a neat conversation piece. Let me know your thoughts...........

Gene_S

Scott, I think people would want to see your tractors. I'd like to see the E-141 and the rest. I'm sure other people would like to see them to. So if you would like to haul them down go for it.

There you go Duke, jump in and take a ride!

Gene

Rod(NASNUT)

WoW! :hide: and they even have those BARRELS for me to ride in! :scratchead:

Hey Gene thanks for the camping update! :ychain:

Now I would like to see that :ychain: :ychain:

HorseFixer

:scratchead: Not a problem Rod! This was from the Charlotte Show! :hide:

CharlotteTractorShow210.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow211.jpg