NYJack

Need PTO clutch disc 312 Hydro

NYJack

While mowing the lawn today I heard a loud squeally sound, then noticed smoke coming from the area of the PTO clutch.  Took the clutch apart and it appears that the two parts are both metal.  Just to know what it was supposed to look like I took the clutch apart on my C120-2-8,  and has I expected there should be a clutch lining material on the inside part.

Can anyone give me a part number for the clutch plate?   Anyone have a good one they want to sell?

Also, on my 120 there was a spring and some washers in the outer part of the PTO.  I did not see those on the 312.  Wish I had a 312 parts manual and workshop manual- any tiips on where to get a copy to SAFELY download?

Thank you for helping me out!

• Like 1

8ntruck

I got a clutch disc from my local Toro dealer last year.  Not the cheapest way to go, but I like to support the local brick & mortar businesses.

Goldnboy

This is a good source for those who would like to buy a disc pre made.

But clean up the old disc a use jb weld to attach a replacement disc.

Also remove the spring and washers they are not needed along with the stub shaft in the end of crankshaft 

20201104_095011.jpg

peter lena

@NYJack  picture of assembly ,   note there are 2 bearings INSIDE  that pto belt drive hub , recommend  a hi temp anti sling grease , lucas , x-tra heavy duty , in both, the needle and and the shielded bearing . would also check over all relayed linkage points for lubrication and ease of function. there is a lot of possible related problems causing excessive clutch drag / use . look on this site for , related issues . deck, mule drive , belts , etc , pete 

gwest_ca

Model 51-12KE02

Go to the pto page.

You can use item 33 and 2 of item 34 to replace the internal parts on the C-120.

Snap rings are stamped so one side has rounded edges and the other side the edges are sharp.

Install the ring with the inside one sharp edges facing the engine.

Install the ring with the outside one sharp edges facing away from the engine.

That sharp edge helps keep them in the groove when they are under pto pressure.

Operator manual

More

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/search/?&q=51-12ke02&type=downloads_file&page=1&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy