LITHUANIAN

What transmission oil is needed for 520h

LITHUANIAN

hello.We have a 518h, though with a hydraulic oil filter and a transmission oil change.some strange intermediate model between 518h and 520h.two-wheel drive.the body reads 518h though everything other than 520h.What do you think transmission oil is recommended for such models?

Edited by LITHUANIAN
  • Excellent 1

oliver2-44

:text-welcomeconfetti: 
 :wwp:

Oil is 10w30. I like to use a synthetic like Mobil one. Filter is NAPA 1410 it is a hydraulic filter which has no internal relief like the TORO filter, not just a common oil filter

LITHUANIAN

i have a hydraulic WIX filter 51410. i think it will fit.  I wonder how much grease can fit?

lynnmor
31 minutes ago, LITHUANIAN said:

i have a hydraulic WIX filter 51410. i think it will fit.  I wonder how much grease can fit?

That is the correct filter.  I hope you meant motor oil, not grease, it will take roughly 4.5 quarts.  Jacking the tractor front will allow a bit more to drain out.

• Heart 1

LITHUANIAN

Oh yes.  oil pour, not grease :) In Europe, 4.5 quarts equals about 5 liters.

LITHUANIAN

Another question is why is there such a discrepancy between the model number on the hood and the kit?  The tractor looks like a 520h, although it says 518h on it.

lynnmor

:text-welcomeconfetti:

I had to look up where you live, looks nice.

I use Castrol semi-synthetic high mileage motor oil in mine for a bit more anti-wear additives, but any 10W-30 will be OK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Handy Don
47 minutes ago, LITHUANIAN said:

Another question is why is there such a discrepancy between the model number on the hood and the kit?  The tractor looks like a 520h, although it says 518h on it.

In the U.S., the 518-H used a different hydrostatic pump/motor called an Eaton 700. This was a lighter duty transmission suitable for lawn mowing or snow blowing, but not for plowing snow or soil. It had no external transmission oil filter and had a manual lift instead of hydraulic. It also had a simpler dashboard with only three gauges (fuel, voltage, hours) where the 520 had five gauges (fuel, voltage, hours, vacuum, tachometer)

My bet is that yours has an 18hp engine (not the 20 of a 520-H) and the Eaton 1100 transmission (transmission oil filter at the rear of the tractor and it has a hydraulic implement lift). The 18hp and 20hp Onan engines are externally identical--you need to look at the decals or the data plate to know the difference.

Welcome to the forum!

Edited by Handy Don
  • Like 1

gwest_ca

The North American 518-H tractors use an Eaton 700 hydro.

Exported models use the Eaton 1100 hydro.

Big difference.

Use the correct manuals.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

JoeM

just in case you need to reference. 

image.png.33233fa2ce983f54b18220b536af0fec.png

LITHUANIAN
On 5/19/2022 at 4:44 PM, lynnmor said: