Dallen

Toro Wheelhorse 17-44hxl deck leveling

Dallen

Hello, I just picked up a very clean 17-44hxl with the belt driven blower for the bagger. The deck however, has a mean lean toward the blower side. I can’t for the life of me figure out how to lower the non blower side of the deck. Is there something I’m missing? 

2B98ED6F-13CC-487A-8BE0-A10614F4AFD2.jpeg

1F24D3A7-8FBA-420A-93ED-294C07FA9C36.jpeg

gwest_ca

Welcome to the forum.

Guessing this is what you have

Dallen

Thanks for the reply. I’m really enjoying the machine thus far. I’m still amazed how well kept it was for its age. Is there by chance literature for this model with the 38” deck? Mine does not have the 44” deck. 

• Like 1

gwest_ca

I can not find a 38" deck for the 17-44HXL.

Please post the model number and serial number of the tractor and also for the mower deck. The serials dates the items.

That way we are all on the same page. There are 7 different model numbers for the tractor.

roadapples

:WRS:

Terry M
15 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

I can not find a 38" deck for the 17-44HXL.

Please post the model number and serial number of the tractor and also for the mower deck. The serials dates the items.

That way we are all on the same page. There are 7 different model numbers for the tractor.

I thought the 17-44 = 17HP and 44” mower deck.    38” deck was used on smaller Version of the HXL….if I remember correctly.

gwest_ca

The 38" deck is a 2-blade deck and I don't think that is what he has. Nor can I find a vacuum bagger for them.

The 44" deck is a 3-blade deck.

With his MA location I never looked at the HXLe  export models. Sure enough there is a 79104 model vacuum bagger listed for them.

3 different sets of manuals from 1996-2010 so will wait to see if he comes up with some model and serial numbers.

• Like 1

Dallen

Sorry for the delay in the reply I was at work and figured it’d be easier to post when I had a pic of the serial number . Thanks everyone for getting back. The deck has a “recycler 38” decal on it but it does indeed have 3 blades.  So here it is! 

B45E350F-5A66-4D98-908D-210E483FF0D5.jpeg

5B3522E5-0CD5-4320-9B7A-57754895E316.jpeg

Edited by Dallen

gwest_ca

Still can not find a 38" 3-blade deck.

The ID decal is for a 2001 model 17-44HXL tractor with the 44 being the deck width of cut.

Can you find a similar ID decal on the deck?

Dallen

I was unable to locate any sticker with numbers on the deck itself. I did measure with a tape and it is 44” across the back. 

gwest_ca

The mower deck that came on the model 71228 tractor was a model 79108. The 79102 posted above is the correct bagger for this deck.

The mower blades used with the vacuum are different.