6wheeler

Tecumseh help

6wheeler

Hi all. I have a problem. On my $15 auction tiller. It is frankentiller. I call i that because it is an mtd with an old 7/24 snow blower engine on it. It was working fine until the intake valve retainer decided to get off the reservation. I can't find a model or a spec number anywhere on the engine. It is a tecumseh. My question is? Are the retainers pretty much the same on these small techy's? :confusion-scratchheadblue:.

20220430_135534.jpg

20220430_135527.jpg

20220430_140923.jpg

Edited by 6wheeler

Handy Don

The engine data is usually on a decal on the blower housing and maybe got painted over?  If so, a bit of brake cleaner on a rag can sometimes soften the paint without wrecking the underlying decal.

The retainers I've encountered were spec'd by the OD of the valve spring and the diameter of the valve stem. Nothing unique or unusual. Just be happy you don't have the two little tiny half-round wedges!

I'd take one to the nearest shop that repairs engines/mowers for commercial landscapers. Someone on the forum may even have some from a dead engine that they'll offer to you.

• Like 1