wallfish

Zagray spring show 2022 5/7-8

wallfish

Always a good show with plenty to see so if anyone can make it, it's worth the trip.

We'll be there on Saturday 5/7.

http://www.zagrayfarmmuseum.org/

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

Sparky
10 hours ago, wallfish said:

We'll be there on Saturday 5/7.

What’s this “We’ll be there…”  stuff?? 
  :lol:

wallfish
38 minutes ago, Sparky said:

What’s this “We’ll be there…”  stuff?? 
  :lol:

Me and my tractor show B!#$% (you). I need someone to help carry my heavy crap purchases.  LoL

My father is gonna try and come up. Maybe the kid (Glenn) from across street will go again too. And Tony if you get him to go. 

• Haha 1

Brockport Bill

are there many wh tractors on display? How about WH vendor parts for sale?

Sparky
1 hour ago, Brockport Bill said:

are there many wh tractors on display? How about WH vendor parts for sale?

Usually not a massive amount of WH stuff for sale. And complete tractors…maybe a couple for sale. 
  But there’s so much to see that I can spend all day there and not buy a single WH item and still have had a great time! 

Brockport Bill
1 hour ago, Sparky said:

Usually not a massive amount of WH stuff for sale. And complete tractors…maybe a couple for sale. 
  But there’s so much to see that I can spend all day there and not buy a single WH item and still have had a great time! 

thanks -- thinking of taking the 9 yr old grandsons

• Like 1

Sparky
2 hours ago, Brockport Bill said:

thanks -- thinking of taking the 9 yr old grandsons

Definitely take them! There’s a sand/gavel pit area where old machines move dirt from one pile to another. Kids just love it (and grown ups too!)

TonyToro

Me and @TonyToro Jr. will be there Saturday. I don’t think we will be going Sunday since it’s Mother’s Day. 
Is anyone setup in the vendor sections? They said in the flyer to set up Friday for vendor. I’m not sure if I want to set up and leave my stuff overnight. I have a bunch of spare parts, the WheelHorse gokart and Mater.

Sparky
14 minutes ago, TonyToro said:

Is anyone setup in the vendor sections? They said in the flyer to set up Friday for vendor. I’m not sure if I want to set up and leave my stuff overnight. I have a bunch of spare parts, the WheelHorse gokart and Mater.

I’ve never setup as a vendor, I just haul a few tractors to ride around on.

• Like 1

TonyToro
19 minutes ago, Sparky said:

I’ve never setup as a vendor, I just haul a few tractors to ride around on.

Oh ok that’s what I’m thinking of doing as well. I’ve only gone in and parked in the upper lot without a trailer? Is there anything in the works to meet up before the show and go in as a club? 
What time are you planning on arriving?

wallfish
7 hours ago, TonyToro said:

Oh ok that’s what I’m thinking of doing as well. I’ve only gone in and parked in the upper lot without a trailer? Is there anything in the works to meet up before the show and go in as a club? 
What time are you planning on arriving?

You should meet us down the hill in the back row (where we saw you guys last year). Basically go straight down the hill from the entrance road to the back of the display area.

It's free to get in if you're displaying but I pay them anyway as a donation. That's how to keep this stuff going and alive. They put all the money right back into the museum as evidenced by the new buildings and new permanent displays. They buy parts and stuff for volunteers to get some more stuff operational. Sparky usually beats me there but I try for 6:30-7:00 arrival. Look for the WH tractors and you'll find us.

• Excellent 1

TonyToro
22 minutes ago, wallfish said:

You should meet us down the hill in the back row (where we saw you guys last year). Basically go straight down the hill from the entrance road to the back of the display area.

It's free to get in if you're displaying but I pay them anyway as a donation. That's how to keep this stuff going and alive. They put all the money right back into the museum as evidenced by the new buildings and new permanent displays. They buy parts and stuff for volunteers to get some more stuff operational. Sparky usually beats me there but I try for 6:30-7:00 arrival. Look for the WH tractors and you'll find us.

Oh I didn’t even thing about the display option. Ok great I’ll see you there 6:30-7am!

• Like 1

Sparky

Weather is not looking good at all :( …spring Zags show might be a bust :handgestures-thumbdown:

• Sad 2

TonyToro
58 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Weather is not looking good at all :( …spring Zags show might be a bust :handgestures-thumbdown:

We saw that too. 😢😢

Do you think it could be rescheduled?

wallfish

Yeah, bad weather sucks but the show goes on. They don't reschedule them.

If it turns out to be a wash there's another show next weekend. I believe this may have changed venues and think it used to be held in Somers CT past years. It's been a while since I've attended as we typically go to Zags but it was a good show the couple times I went.

May 14th
44th Scantic Valley Antique Engine Show
Tolland Agricultural Ctr 24 Hyde Ave RT30 Vernon Exit 67 off Interstate 84,to intersection Rt 30-31 150 yards east tuward Tolland CT
Scantic Valley Antique Engine & Tractor Club
  • Like 1

Sparky

What John said, it won’t be rescheduled.

Just have to hope the summer and fall shows aren’t washed out. 

• Like 2

TonyToro

Thank you for that info. That one is about 25 minutes from me.  I have to search and see when there are other shows I didn’t even know about any others besides Zagray. It also gives me another week to work on MaTer. I have a carburetor kit still in route.

stevebo

No good boys….

07BA2FAB-F351-4FD8-910A-A5750FEE86E9.png

• Sad 1

Handy Don

Hadn't looked at the weather, so thanks for the "heads up" gents. If it was close I'd take a chance, but at 2+ hours away, I'll pass this time.

Bummer.

wallfish
18 hours ago, TonyToro said:

Thank you for that info. That one is about 25 minutes from me.  I have to search and see when there are other shows I didn’t even know about any others besides Zagray. It also gives me another week to work on MaTer. I have a carburetor kit still in route.

Here's a list and there's probably more.

http://www.bellshome.com/shows.htm

Waters Farm show down in Sutton MA changed their show date to not coincide with the fall Zag show anymore so I'd like to go see that one in the fall. Oct something.