mort

310-8 seat safety switch

mort

I know the 310-8 seat safety switch is part number 106268 as seen on this forum.

Does anybody know if an Eaton 8411K11 or Allied 70155673 is the same switch?

I don't have a spare switch to look for part numbers or button extension or other specs.

Thanks,

Mort

tunahead72

I can't help with the Eaton and Allied numbers, just want to confirm something, based on one of your earlier threads:

Won't crank - Wheel Horse Electrical - RedSquare Wheel Horse Forum

This is a 1985 310-8 tractor, model 21-10K801, correct?  If so, the 106268 seat switch number is correct.

But you also asked earlier about ignition switch and solenoid numbers, in case you needed them later.  I'm pretty sure both of the numbers you asked about then were wrong...  You should be looking for ignition switch 103990, and solenoid 109605.

How's she running these days?

• Like 1

gwest_ca

106268 is a normally open switch (NO)

That means the switch contacts are open when the button is not pushed - contacts closed when button pushed

mort

I know that the 106268 is the correct switch for a 1985 310-8 and normally open. I have a jumper wire temporarily in place of this switch and the 310-8 works great.

I need help on this question.....Does anybody know if an Eaton 8411K11 or Allied 70155673 is the same switch?

Has anybody out there looked for the original source for a 106268?

Thanks,

Mort

953 nut

If they are a normally open switch with the same physical dimentions they should work. If you have them in front of you take a volt/ohm meter set to the lowest resistance setting and see if they read OPEN (no connection) while sitting there then push the button and see if the resistance goes to zero.

If you don't have them in front of you just do a search on :text-google: to find out. They know a whole lot of stuff we don't

mort

Thank you!

I have a couple of them coming so I will try them out.

They say normally open contacts so they should work.

Thanks,

Mort

• Like 1