Horse_rebuilder

Mounting a 12inch tire on 10.5 rim

Horse_rebuilder

So I was wondering, I like the thought of having 12x12 rims on my 312-8 but I could only find the polished aluminum Douglas rims, however there is 10.5x12 rims that I was wondering if a 24x12x12 inch tire could fit on, thoughts?

• Like 1

Maxwell-8

Should fit without a problem

I have a set of 12 wide atv tires, they will fit on my 7" wide rim

Achto
2 hours ago, Horse_rebuilder said:

however there is 10.5x12 rims that I was wondering if a 24x12x12 inch tire could fit on, thoughts?

Recommended rim width for 26x12x12 tires is 11", so 10.5" rims should be no issue at all. 

Horse_rebuilder

Thanks y’all for info, I appreciate all of you people in the wonderful forum

• Like 1

Thor27

A lot depends on what tire. I have a set of air-loc 24x12x12 Ags and they were really hard to stretch the bead out to the 10" rim. I run tubeless whenever I can, i tried my cheetah,, and starting fluid. Ended up putting a tube in to stretch and seat them for a while, then removing the tube. 

These tires would have fit well on a 8.5" rim, but since they are getting filled I wanted. As much volume as possible.

Edited by Thor27
Add

RandyLittrell

The vast majority of garden tractors that came with 26x12-12's were on 10.5 rims, some even 8.5's. 

That said, the tires being sold now are not always true dimensions, some not even close. 

If you really want those tires, order then in and then measure them. 

Randy

• Like 1

TonyToro

What club do you belong to? I pull with MCTP.

I’m still learning but what I learned is you want to tires as flat as possible and that’s done by putting the tire on the widest rim possible. The contact would “cup” with a narrow rim.  I have 23-10.5-12 tires and run a 10” rim. So I would lean more towards either widening your stock rims or find an 11” rim. Not saying the 10.5 won’t work just not maximized from what I’ve been told.

I know it’s been super hard to find rims lately. Are you on any of the pulling classified groups?