Sign in to follow this  
Brrly1

Is the 312 - 8 speed

Brrly1

Ok, I have heard a rumor already that the 312 - 8 speed is next years feature tractor! Is there any truth to this rumor? Does anybody actually know? Kind of curious? See Ya, Bye Burly

:thumbs2:

520HC

Yeah Burly you heard right. The 312 is next years feature tractor.

rustbucket

yeah its the 312 in general could be either 312-8 or a 312-A

Sparky

Well thats perfect as I have a 312-8 in my meager collection.

HEY DUFF.....you goin next year :thumbs2: ? Maybe bring a 312 or two...or three :thumbs: .

Mike.........

Kelly

heck I have a ruff 312-8 that I would sell cheap, or trade maybe donate to the club for the restore give away.

Duff

Well thats perfect as I have a 312-8 in my meager collection.

HEY DUFF.....you goin next year :ROTF: ? Maybe bring a 312 or two...or three :ychain: .

Mike.........

Betcherazz I am, Mike! Should have two of the three beasts running by then!

I may hook up with Rideaway Senior and split the driving.

Thanks for thinking of me! :thumbs:

Duff :thumbs2:

kj4kicks

I don't really agree with the tractor of choice for next year. Think about it... the Classic Series that was just discontinued is basically a 312-8. So you could have a bunch of fairly new machines (and maybe even a bunch of crated ones) there. From early 1980's thru last year, it had to be the most produced model ever :thumbs2:

WHC-125

If anyone is looking for "the tractor of the year" I might sell mine :thumbs2:

CasualObserver

If anyone is looking for "the tractor of the year" I might sell mine.

Ha... Chris, look at the bright side.... at least your parts just became more desirable!

WHC-125

Ha... Chris, look at the bright side.... at least your parts just became more desirable!

:thumbs2:

oldandred

I don't really agree with the tractor of choice for next year. Think about it... the Classic Series that was just discontinued is basically a 312-8. So you could have a bunch of fairly new machines (and maybe even a bunch of crated ones) there. From early 1980's thru last year, it had to be the most produced model ever :thumbs2:

Elton come on its a wheel horse atleast its not a D series or a black hood

Now it could have been a 754

theres a lot more it could have been

I would have rather seen a round hood but it is what it is

kj4kicks

Oh now you REALLY opened the can-o-worms Jerry ! :thumbs:

:thumbs2: :ychain:

Sparky

Elton come on its a wheel horse atleast its not a D series or a black hood

:thumbs2: I cant believe you dissed the 1980-1983 Famous Black Hoods!

Black Hoods are my favorite Jerry, as you can tell :thumbs: .

Mike..........

oldandred

:thumbs2: Im going in to hidding but hummmmm its O heck may all of them be the tractor even the verical tractors

now them guys will be on me

HELP HELP SOME BODY JUST SHOOT ME

Mike im not picking on them black hood even the are ugly

and the can of worms that sounds good were and when ?

WHC-125

:thumbs2: I cant believe you dissed the 1980-1983 Famous Black Hoods!

Black Hoods are my favorite Jerry, as you can tell :thumbs: .

Mike..........

Mike, black hoods are my favorites as well. :ychain:

bitten

Hey I like the D's.

N.C. horserider

What black hood

whpaint001.jpg

Redbird

:scratchead: I didn't follow this thread until yesterday (Mon). When I joined Red Square, I thought it was for all Wheel Horse owners, and their horses. The other day I remarked to someone (who belongs) about the 312 series being the featured tractor at the show next year. To my dismay, he informed me--maybe NOT, as there is debate going on about it. The jist of the conversation------312's are a dime a dozen. In the dog world you have various "breeds" each breed contains various colors, sizes, and standards. In the tractor world you have various "breeds" i.e. Wheel Horse, Gravely, Cub Cadet, Massey Furgesson, John Deere etc. Each one of those has it's own models, colors, sizes, standards, etc. Get the point?

A Horse is a Horse! Everyone has his/her particular favorite model and/or color hood and/or shape. How many produced, of what series, shouldn't even BE an issue as to what should be featured. There are enough models, shapes, engine sizes, etc to keep the "Featured" part of the show going for a lot of years. What would Cecil Pond think of the descrimination-- just because 1 model has a high volume of production years? I thought the show was for ALL horses.

If I were new to this site and owned a 312 and saw or heard some of the put downs about it---I might think twice about joining, OR going to the show. My first horse was a 312-8 and I WAS thinking of bringing to the show next year. Now, I'm not so sure. Sometimes, some of the remarks made about certain models gave me the feeling that this was an elite group and if you don't have the right horse-- you're outside the door, knocking to come in, or looked down on. But what do I know. I'm only a woman, involved in a man's hobby, with 5 horses of my own that I work on.:hide:

truckin88

I'll run a 12hp Kohler Wheel Horse any day...120, 125, 312-8.....

Rod(NASNUT)

I thought the show was for ALL horses.

That is right it is for all horses. So maybe they should stop having a featured tractor just a Wheel Horse show.

Sparky

That is right it is for all horses. So maybe they should stop having a featured tractor just a Wheel Horse show.

Everyones making a big deal over nothing here guys. There has been a feature tractor every year that I have gone and I have never had the "feature tractor of that year" to bring and I still have a great time. Next year is the 312-8 and it just so happens that I sold my only 312-8 a couple months ago. Oh well.

Just show up with any tractor and have some fun.

No need to let this get so serious :scratchead: .

Mike........

oldandred

So much to do about nothing Ive been to all but the frist and dont think I the featured tractor to any one

but if they make the 754 the tractos I have that covered

just dont know whitch one of the four

kpinnc

Just show up with any tractor and have some fun.

I wasn't a big fan of the 312 decision, but I didn't participate in the vote either. Kinda like complaining about an elected official when you didn't vote in my opinion...

I have to agree with Mike. I'll be thrilled to go the the PA show no matter what the featured tractor is. Not everyone has an older tractor, but loves the one they have regardless. I have 14 machines- ranging from 1958-1997, and the oldest thing I've taken so far was a 1971 model. So far, no one has given me any crap about not taking a featured machine. We've all just hung out and had a blast.

BPjunk and all those who do so much to put the show on do entirely too much for any of us to complain. If the next 10 shows have newer model featured machines, I can only hope that Bill and everyone else will still be the ones making the show happen. This show is one of the best ones I've ever been to, and the only one that lacks all the stupid rules of so many others. My hat is off to all those who help make it happen each year- and I offer my apologies to them for any and all such silly complaints as this 312 garbage.

If the featured machine is such a burden- then I suggest those who are offended ask to vote on 2011's machine. If you decide not to come- we will still have 700+ tractors and a great time without you.

Kevin

oldandred

Well said Kevin

If I could speak for bill I know what he would say So what if you dont have a featured tractor that doesnt mean you cant come ( I dont think bill has one eithor)

Bring any thing you want as long as its a wheel horse come one come all and above all just have fun at all cost.

I may see him this next weekend just maybe ??

I dont have a 312-8 nor 312 h but Im going to be there

tractordave3128

312-8 shout deffenitly be the tractor of the year i have one and its the most valuble item morraly that i posess