BPEisenhower

1974 Ariens S16

BPEisenhower

Hello all garden tractor enthusiasts! I pray you are all in good spirits and health. Today I am in Rockford and have been blessed with the privilege of meeting a man who has meticulously maintained this fine example of equipment. Purchased new in 1974 and sold to me today. Paint is original, hard to believe but it is. Ag tires are factory filled with fluid. Has original turf tires front and rear. Engine replacement done November of 1999 with factory replacement Kohler NOS. Leaf collection system and deck been off since engine replacement. Tractor was parked in 2000 and been used 6 times since 2015 with snow blower.  Tractor Serial number is 000325. This is the cleanest Garden tractor I own now and probably will use it in large yards with no trees and no landscaping! LoL 😂. Other than that it's parade ready and will be bringing it to shows. Deck will be degreased and lightly used occasionally. Need to find wheel weights, 3pt hitch and tiller for aesthetic purposes.  Thank you all for reading and be positive! 

IMG_20220219_154348.jpg

IMG_20220219_154343.jpg

IMG_20220219_154331.jpg

00L0L_33V4b1ON4T3z_0CI0t2_1200x900-2.jpg

00K0K_3hFebbwfAj2z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00404_cgKTjEshsq9z_0CI0t2_1200x900-1.jpg

00K0K_dCBfccSnPX6z_0t20CI_1200x900-1.jpg

00j0j_iQIS4lh3B63z_0t20CI_1200x900-1.jpg

Edited by BPEisenhower
I was wrong, it's Serial number 000345
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 5

sjoemie himself

That is a really nice tractor. Great score!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

Beautiful condition! Wow!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

oliver2-44

Nice tractor, nice shop too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BPEisenhower

Thank you all for the compliments! It was the first time I was asked my intentions with his pride and joy since it was a part of his family since 1974. Had to promise it wasn't going to be abused, parked outside and destroyed to be seen on Marketplace or Craigslist for sale. Thankfully I am fortunate to be a part of RedSquare Wheel Horse forum and showed him there are people who think the same way he did. Each of you are to thank for making garden tractor and equipment collecting possible and enjoyable!! Have a great Sunday 😀😉

• Like 2

equipment guy

Very nice!  I have a 78 S-16H. Not in that condition, but decent, and mechanically excellent. They are great garden tractors. You will be well pleased with it I am sure! 
Also, correct cast iron weight for that model show up on eBay from time to time, I recently bought a pair from Joe’s. The 3 point hitch kit is still available from Ariens, as it is the same set up used on all models from the early New Holland version, through the entire GT line to the Grand Sierra in the early 2000’s.