John2189

Simplicity Sunstar hydraulics

John2189

Hi anyone know if the hydraulics can be slowed down?  The control is so touchy if while snow plowing, if it digs in a bit too deep, if you try to raise the blade a bit, it goes way too high, or too low if you want to go deeper.  Not much control. 

john

wallfish

Probably best to find and ask the Simplicity guys best results but the first thing I would look for is the link which connects to the blade. Having a slot hole in the link will allow the blade to float over terrain without touching hydraulics and probably give better control if you do need to adjust. Not being totally familiar with that machine it's just a guess.

Hydraulics can be slowed down by moving the control lever less. A longer handle may help you as it would require more movement the longer it is to get the same results as a short one. A hydraulic fluid restrictor can slow it down too.

https://simpletractors.com/

Edited by wallfish
  • Like 3

WHX??

@Achto and I got a bro who is into Simplecities & AC's we'll have to ask him. 

• Like 1

Pullstart
1 hour ago, wallfish said:

A hydraulic fluid restrictor

:text-yeahthat:

Achto
3 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

@Achto and I got a bro who is into Simplecities & AC's we'll have to ask him.

No Sunstar's in his barn. The tractors that he does have with hydraulics all have a float position on them, both up and down. A little hard to get used to, move the lever too far while raising an implement and it will drop right back to the ground. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Pullstart

If these options don’t work, you can always jack up your wife and slide a Wheel Horse under her!  Those hydraulics seem about perfect :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 3

Pullstart

Could there be a linkage adjustment on the plow frame?  Get the attachment point closer to the plow and further from the fulcrum?

Achto

@WHX?? & @Pullstart Having a float position both ways makes sense with the way some Simplicity's work. On the Landlord you pull back on the valve to raise the front implement and push forward to lower. ( Like normal, right? ) With a rear mounted implement you push forward on the lever to raise and pull back to lower. Rear implements lift from the top of the rock shaft, front implements lift from the bottom of the rock shaft.

Kind of hard to make out in the pic but there is a float position both ways.

IMAG0517.jpg.8b24d1cd7c21d5ed474ca495a8e29071.jpg

Edited by Achto
  • Thanks 1

John2189

Mine has no float option or link adjustments. Ill look into a fluid restrictor. 
it does have shoes on both sides but they dig in as much as the blade does. 

squonk
1 hour ago, Achto said:

No Sunstar's in his barn. The tractors that he does have with hydraulics all have a float position on them, both up and down. A little hard to get used to, move the lever too far while raising an implement and it will drop right back to the ground. 

My PK loader is that way. If I pull the lever to lift the arms up too far back, the bucket drops to the ground and floats until i move it back to neutral.

• Like 1

John2189

Why would they have a float at the top? Wouldn’t that be kinda dangerous?

Maxwell-8

longer handle?

John2189
2 hours ago, Maxwell-8 said:

longer handle?

2 hours ago, Maxwell-8 said:

longer handle?

I will ziptie a rod To the handle and try it 

• Like 1

John2189

Ok I found the manual online for the dozer blade. It says there is a washer 1/2” od with a 1/16 hole to  put behind the hose fitting to slow the travel. I looked up the part number and of course it is no longer available    Anyone know where i can get one? 

WHX??

Sounds like a poor man's flow restrictor. Should be easy enough to make one? 

• Excellent 1

John2189

Yes I will make one and try it.