Sign in to follow this  
BPEisenhower

Miller welder generator

BPEisenhower

Amazing what is being scrapped these days. Electric starter works, plenty of compression, spark and full of oil. Fuel tank half full of unpleasant smelling rejected furniture polish. Have not found anything indicating what model of Onan it is but it's heavy! Will need to replace the little mufflers with something quieter and with rain flappers. 

IMG_20220128_163243.jpg

IMG_20220128_163248.jpg

IMG_20220128_163256.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4

Pullstart

Kinda reminds me of this monster.  My FIL gave it to me.  I haven’t taken the time to fire it up yet.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Bill D
5 hours ago, BPEisenhower said:

Amazing what is being scrapped these days. Electric starter works, plenty of compression, spark and full of oil. Fuel tank half full of unpleasant smelling rejected furniture polish. Have not found anything indicating what model of Onan it is but it's heavy! Will need to replace the little mufflers with something quieter and with rain flappers. 

IMG_20220128_163243.jpg

IMG_20220128_163248.jpg

IMG_20220128_163256.jpg

What a shame to throw that away.  Engine looks like pictures of Onan CCK's that I've seen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BPEisenhower
19 hours ago, Pullstart said:

Kinda reminds me of this monster.  My FIL gave it to me.  I haven’t taken the time to fire it up yet.

I am jealous! Always preferred a LincolnArc, but I can always do a repaint. Nice unit and on a trailer

• Thanks 1

BPEisenhower
14 hours ago, Bill D said:

What a shame to throw that away.  Engine looks like pictures of Onan CCK's that I've seen.

I don't know anything about Onan other than it either runs or it doesn't. RVs used them for generators and parts are almost impossible to get and expensive

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

Can't tell for sure by the side view, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess its an AEAD-200LE. If it is they are great machines. Dad still has the one that Grandpa bought new in 1979, Dad learned to weld on that machine, as did I. Good job saving it and hopefully you can get it up and running again. 

• Excellent 1

Bill D
6 hours ago, BPEisenhower said:

I don't know anything about Onan other than it either runs or it doesn't. RVs used them for generators and parts are almost impossible to get and expensive

Onanparts.com may have the parts you need to get it running.  Sounds like a simple carb cleaning and fresh gas may be all it needs

• Thanks 1

BPEisenhower
On 1/29/2022 at 9:22 PM, ClassicTractorProfessor said:

Can't tell for sure by the side view, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess its an AEAD-200LE. If it is they are great machines. Dad still has the one that Grandpa bought new in 1979, Dad learned to weld on that machine, as did I. Good job saving it and hopefully you can get it up and running again. 

That's exactly right about the model! Good eye! And it's funny that you mentioned 1979, that's the year I was hatched. LoL 🤣

• Like 1

BPEisenhower
On 1/29/2022 at 11:22 PM, Bill D said:

Onanparts.com may have the parts you need to get it running.  Sounds like a simple carb cleaning and fresh gas may be all it needs

Definitely going to check that site. Thank you for the info!

• Like 1

c-series don

Is that a trailblazer? 

onanparts.com
5 hours ago, c-series don said:

Is that a trailblazer? 

It's an early version of the Miller Legend. 200 Amps AC/DC welding @3000 RPM and 5kW 120/240 VAC Generator @1860 RPM. The Onan model is on the engine ID tag. CCKA.

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

Dad finally broke down and decided he no longer needed the old Miller I mentioned above, and sold it to me. He delivered it today. Hasn't ran in about 8 years...fresh gas and a hot battery and she fired up like she had just ran yesterday. Super excited to have the welder I learned how to weld with. 

@BPEisenhowerhave any luck getting yours running yet?

20220527_190438.jpg

• Like 3