Pullstart

Another Why? Thread.

Pullstart
3 minutes ago, Sparky said:

So what the heck could have been the motivation??? 
    Bizarre! 

I am not sure why someone outside of the schools would want to sabotage them, but come to find out it ended up being a count day.  The schools accounted for zero students when their goal was at least 75%.  Being a state mandate, I have no idea if they’ll get a make up day or if they lose funding for the next year.

EB-80/8inPA

Bomb threats were a thing back in the seventies for reasons mentioned above.  Kids are dumb.  Closest thing I can recall to an actual threat was an M-80 tossed into a toilet.  Nobody was sitting on it, of course, but that was the end of that fixture.  Custodian was PO’d!

953 nut
27 minutes ago, EB-80/8inPA said:

M-80 tossed into a toilet.  Nobody was sitting on it, of course, but that was the end of that fixture.  Custodian was PO’d!

We had a couple of kids do that too. They flushed it down and it went off in the cast iron drain pipe. Pipe cracked and that bathroom was closed for several days.   :chores-mop:

That subject came up at our 50th class reunion during the "Who Done It" portion of the program. One of the most studious meek and mild kids in the class finally admitted to being one of the perpetrators, he said he had forgotten who helped him    :angry-tappingfoot:   Ya right!

• Haha 1

Jeff-C175
6 hours ago, 953 nut said:

the most studious meek and mild kids in the class

I would have never thought to describe you thusly!  ha ha ha ... :ychain::hide::laughing-rolling:

• Haha 2

Jeff-C175

Anybody remember those 'smoke bombs' that you could get back in the 60s ?  Looked just like a cherry bomb but put out COPIOUS AMOUNTS of thick yellow sulphur smelling smoke when lit.  Those were a 'thing' at our H.S.  At least once a week one of them was being lit in the hallway between classes, or in the bathroom.  Or tossed into the girls bathroom.

And has any of you ever blown up a condom?  Those things get  Y U G E !!!  Imagine two or three of them floating above the students during class changes in the hallway...  

Mickwhitt

Kind of not directly on message with this thread but I couldn't think where to post this.

Today in Ireland a couple of guys carried a dead person into a post office in an attempt to obtain his old age pension. They propped him up but ran off when they dropped the poor guy. 

What kind of idiot tries that on?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

953 nut
4 hours ago, Jeff-C175 said:

I would have never thought to describe you thusly!  ha ha ha ... :ychain::hide::laughing-rolling:

Not me!   There is no way I could have kept that a secret for fifty years,        :confusion-confused:   or even fifty minutes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2