Sign in to follow this  
pond195520032003

pond195520032003's tractor

pond195520032003

Well i hope i got it this time :thumbs:Picture004-1.jpg

T-Mo

Greg,

Let's forget about the posting pictures for the time being - that is a very interesting tractor there. Won't need chains or ags when pushing snow with that one. :thumbs:

nylyon

Greg, I moved your picture to the Wheel Horse area, it is interesting.

Greg B.

I wonder if those wheels are home brew, or if they actually were a commercial product. Bet she rides rough!

Greg B.

modracer

they look like they are home made. it looks like umm shoot whats it called umm the stuff where it looks like a bunch of dimonds...looks like that stuff wraped around around it

Greg B.

Kyle,

I understand what you are saying, but the construction methods are fairly sophisticated for a 1950s- 1960s home workshop.

When I worked for the railroad, we called that material "roofwalk".

Greg B.

modracer

Kyle,

but the construction methods are fairly sophisticated for a 1950s- 1960s home workshop.

yea i gess but just looking at it quickly the look home brewed

CasualObserver

It's also possible that they were manufactured... just not to be garden tractor wheels... they could have been some kind of mixing paddles, or in some heavy duty belt drive system in a factory of something too... Can you post a more close up pic of them?

Rollerman

It's pretty common in my area to see steel wheels on any kind of tractor.

The Old Order Mennonites here won't use a rubber tire.

Yep everything from a John Deere 8800 series 4X4 tractor to Dixons ZTR's running on steel wheels.

Most the wheels in my area are built by Mennonite our Amish fabrication shops that are off the grid & powered by huge generators.

Greg your steel wheels look interesting to me since they have what look like rubber spokes suporting them & giveing them some "give".

I have also seen weighted rollers offered for garden tractors that bolt on the rear hubs makeing your tractor a drive on roller.

TT

It's also possible that they were manufactured... just not to be garden tractor wheels... they could have been some kind of mixing paddles, or in some heavy duty belt drive system in a factory of something too... Can you post a more close up pic of them?

Thats' what I was leaning toward too, Jason. It may have been a self-cleaning head or tail pulley on a conveyor in a mine or quarry, etc. that has been cut in sections.

The ummmmmm..... er......... "stuff" (helping Kyle here) is called expanded metal grating, by the way. :thumbs:

pond195520032003

thanks for the comments guys! :D:P i believe they are home made :D or at least they look like it! :P i will get some close up, as they are not mounted right now :thumbs: also the roller wheels you were talking about, i will also post some pics of them as i have a pair and so does my brother :P they were made by oHIo steel :thumbs:

pond195520032003

ok, here is a close up pic of the wheels! they are home made and they do ride rough on gravel/hard surfaces :thumbs: on lawn they ride pretty good but it will do some land scaping if not paying attention :thumbs: also will pull the front wheels off the ground in 2 gear :DPicture026-1.jpg

pond195520032003

Stephen, here are the lawn roller wheels! they actually slide over your existing wheels and bolt to the wheels where the weights or adapters bolt!

Picture033.jpg

i will post other pics in the attachment section!

nylyon

Now Stephen, you thinking what I'm thinking? I think that you could use this for work!

modracer

The ummmmmm..... er......... "stuff" (helping Kyle here) is called expanded metal grating, by the way. :thumbs:

well now i know lol

chevelletown

Now Stephen, you thinking what I'm thinking? I think that you could use this for work!

Talking of rollers Stephen don't you have a mini roller? :thumbs: I didn't know about the Mennonites not using rubber tires, do you know why :thumbs:

Rollerman

Karl somehow I don't think those little steel bits on a Wheel Horse are going to keep up with this......

FarmallCub6-06006.jpg

Matter of fact ...that could make any garden tractor a smear! :D

It's a near 50 ton Dyna Pak...the drums were over 6' tall and about 8' wide.

Ken yes I do...I have a 1ton Stowe roller ...traded a Wheel Horse snowplow for it & put a 5HP Honda on it...been a good money maker in the spring! :thumbs:

0325071719.jpg

I could say why the Mennonite don't use modern conveinences...but don't want to open a religous topic on an open forum. :thumbs:

Okay Greg I'm done with my terrorist thread hijacking ways now... :P

I like the rollers...bid on some awhile back on ebay.

The steel wheels are cool too & have thought about haveing a set of 4 made for a tractor.

I know of one collector who bought a Pond Lever steer near me with steel wheels on the back of it too....owned by Mennonites.

nylyon

Yeah yer right..... Best add some wheel weights on there too. :thumbs:

T-Mo

Those wheels are kind of cool. I can see the rubber spokes now on the close up pictures. It should get good traction in the snow, of course, might still need a little weight. :thumbs:

pond195520032003

Terry from Mo, they weigh about 60-70 lbs each! might not need a lot of weight :D the only problem is when i install the blade the bracket system hits the paddle part on the inside of the wheels :thumbs: if i can get past that they would be great in the snow when plowing :P the only down side in the winter is if we get alot of freezing rain :thumbs: it might be frozen to the ground :D