roadapples

Not bad with no weights...

• Like 6

ebinmaine

Agreed.  

Nice looking rig.  

• Like 2

Pullstart

No weights OR chains!  Great runner, super restoration!  Was it just an incorrect hood with the 418-C?  What’s the difference?

• Like 2

wh5208speed
1 hour ago, Pullstart said:

No weights OR chains!  Great runner, super restoration!  Was it just an incorrect hood with the 418-C?  What’s the difference?

Correct, the hood that came on it was from a 418-C. He had the engine serial # checked and it matched the 418-A. 

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

Nice job on the resto! :bow-blue:

Welcome to the very limited membership “no weights no chains club”… :handgestures-thumbupright:

I have two plow rigs that work for me in Michigan snow… Carlisle turfs… no artificial enhancements… flat concrete drives (3)… :auto-layrubber:

• Like 2

lynnmor
2 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Nice job on the resto! :bow-blue:

Welcome to the very limited membership “no weights no chains club”… :handgestures-thumbupright:

I have two plow rigs that work for me in Michigan snow… Carlisle turfs… no artificial enhancements… flat concrete drives (3)… :auto-layrubber:

I used my plow tractor to do the heavy white mortar mix from the last storm.  Have 75 lb. weights on it, and plowed the usual three large driveways.  The only issue was the steep driveway where I had to do about eight restarts to bust thru.  I think we can overdo the enhancements.

• Like 2

Brockport Bill
13 hours ago, wh5208speed said:

My son ( @WH1618speed ) restored this 418-A that he picked up at the 2021 WH show. After he sold the mower deck off of it, he had $150 invested in the tractor. This is the first time it has seen any real work since the restoration paired to a single-stage snowblower. 

Thad (Ohio)

IMG_6375.jpg2D9B4BE1-2643-4C95-823E-E6922B675771.jpeg

its amazing on any full or even partial restore - - or for that matter just a repaint of the wheel rims, can change the look of a horse -- the difference of rusted rims then to nice painted rims makes huge appearance look improvement

• Like 4

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, lynnmor said:

enhancements

I've probably got one of the heaviest plow tractors out of most of us.....

And I still spin the wheels on occasion. Of course that's what you get for ice on inclines.

On the flat parts of my yard I could get away with next to nothing.

• Like 3

kpinnc
4 hours ago, Brockport Bill said:

repaint of the wheel rims, can change the look of a horse -- the difference of rusted rims then to nice painted rims makes huge appearance look improvement

So true! :thumbs:

• Like 2

Kevin Bowley
On 1/19/2022 at 10:45 PM, wh5208speed said:

My son ( @WH1618speed ) restored this 418-A that he picked up at the 2021 WH show. After he sold the mower deck off of it, he had $150 invested in the tractor. This is the first time it has seen any real work since the restoration paired to a single-stage snowblower. 

Thad (Ohio)

IMG_6375.jpg2D9B4BE1-2643-4C95-823E-E6922B675771.jpeg

If this pic is straight out of the camera without enhancements, what did he use for paint?  I like the deep red better than the original color.

wh5208speed
4 hours ago, kbowley said:

If this pic is straight out of the camera without enhancements, what did he use for paint?  I like the deep red better than the original color.

This is a regular photo. The paint we used is the factory Toro that was sprayed with a HVLP gun. My son had thread going about this restoration earlier in the summer. 418-A restoration project - Restorations, Modifications, & Customizations - RedSquare Wheel Horse Forum

WHX??

Couple of pointers for him. A bit more ground speed if possible. Singles like to be fed the snow and do there best work when fully loaded. Blow the snow in a direction he doesn't have to re-blow it or worse hand shovel!  :)