kpinnc

Another LED thread...

kpinnc

I have another one, but it won't come close to looking "original" on anything.

That being said, it's crazy bright. Like mow in the dark bright...

IMG_20211208_165925439.jpg

IMG_20211208_165853398.jpg

IMG_20211208_165829439.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

19richie66

I put these on the rear of my gt14. I don’t even have them as bright as they will go and you can’t look straight at them. Same bolt holes as the original. Not sure how bright the whites would be for headlights. 
https://www.feniex.com/surface-mount/t3

• Like 2

peter lena

@19richie66  that battery ground bolt is what i,m talking about !  since adding that to all my stuff , along with previous obvious , past wiring issues , electrical issues are gone. another thing i add to wiring runs is bolt on electrical lugs, not only securing the wire run , but giving you quick access to adding wire. take advantage of a problem and eliminate it , what a concept !, pete

• Like 1

kpinnc
1 hour ago, 19richie66 said:

I put these on the rear of my gt14. I don’t even have them as bright as they will go and you can’t look straight at them. Same bolt holes as the original. Not sure how bright the whites would be for headlights. 
https://www.feniex.com/surface-mount/t3

Those are pretty cool! How much of a voltage drop do you get with them?

• Like 1

19richie66

Not much draw at all. Rated at .750 amps each. I don’t think the tractor even realizes they are on :handgestures-thumbupright: plus they are metal housing, sealed and five year warranty. I am very happy with them.

• Like 4

kpinnc
8 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Not much draw at all. Rated at .750 amps each. I don’t think the tractor even realizes they are on :handgestures-thumbupright: plus they are metal housing, sealed and five year warranty. I am very happy with them.

I certainly like them! A bit expensive, but not so much when you realize they probably will never need replacing.

Gonna have to try a set!

• Like 1

19richie66
33 minutes ago, kpinnc said:

I certainly like them! A bit expensive, but not so much when you realize they probably will never need replacing.

Gonna have to try a set!

You can kind of see how bright they are but are way better when it’s dark. Picture does them no justice. You can find them on ebay sometimes at a good price. Place where I got mine isn’t on there anymore. 

A5A34949-CC77-4A35-9173-FE1DF37C5812.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 6

Jeff-C175

image.png.f7863a70cad8b3dee5162d7c074629a5.png

Most excellent Richie! 

• Excellent 2
  • Haha 1

Snoopy11
19 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

image.png.f7863a70cad8b3dee5162d7c074629a5.png

Most excellent Richie! 

:text-yeahthat::text-+1::greetings-clappingyellow:

Don

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

kpinnc
5 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

You can kind of see how bright they are but are way better when it’s dark. Picture does them no justice.

They look great to me!

I think those are the same that were installed on our company trucks and used as strobes. They were very bright!

• Like 2

oliver2-44
22 hours ago, kpinnc said:

I have another one, but it won't come close to looking "original" on anything.

That being said, it's crazy bright. Like mow in the dark bright...

IMG_20211208_165925439.jpg

IMG_20211208_165853398.jpg

IMG_20211208_165829439.jpg

@kpinnc are these bulbs are complete lights with housings. If they are bulbs, will they fit in the C series housings. Any links to source appreciated. 

kpinnc
19 minutes ago, oliver2-44 said:

@kpinnc are these bulbs are complete lights with housings. If they are bulbs, will they fit in the C series housings. Any links to source appreciated. 

The one in the pic you copied doesn't fit any wheel horse without modification.

There are dozens of versions to fit C series housings online. Anything corresponding to a 1156 bulb will work. I've ordered several from superbrightleds.com, but you can also find them in automotive sections of any Walmart. 

Just make sure that you get white LEDs. Even then colors will vary from slightly amber (3000) to bluish (6000). Lumen ratings also vary from low 100s to around 400. The higher the number the brighter.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/search/led-products/1156/

Edited by kpinnc
  • Like 1

19richie66
8 hours ago, kpinnc said:

They look great to me!

I think those are the same that were installed on our company trucks and used as strobes. They were very bright!

I believe these have 11 flash patterns and two solid on settings. One is on @10% and the other is @70%. Mine are at 10% and they are bright to look at. I would like to try their work lights. They look well made. 

• Like 2

kpinnc

I promised some comparisons, and almost forgot that. Here's one for PAR 36 bulbs in the same tractor.

First is incandescent.

Second is LED.

IMG_20220124_133459142.jpg

IMG_20190919_000851232.jpg

Edited by kpinnc
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

RandyLittrell

Just found this thread while researching to put some LED's on my C-121, thanks for the thread! I just ordered some 1156 led replacements, we will see how they work. I also don't have lenses on any of my horses, so @ebinmaine volunteered Trina to trace a lens for me and I will make some out of lexan. I will let you know how that turns out! 

Randy

• Like 2

RandyLittrell

Just found this thread while researching to put some LED's on my C-121, thanks for the thread! I just ordered some 1156 led replacements, we will see how they work. I also don't have lenses on any of my horses, so @ebinmaine volunteered Trina to trace a lens for me and I will make some out of lexan. I will let you know how that turns out! 

Randy

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

Randy

• Like 1

peter lena

@19richie66  like your enhanced grounding set up , have found to be the most important part of  ensuring electrical  issues . usually get to the same spot in a recurring situation ,  always looking for a  chance to improve things , latest  gain , has been in throttle  linkage set up and  spring return follow . eliminating , play , no matter how slight , lubrication detailing , starts are near instant , pete  

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

@Snoopy11  snoop , was just trying to get a slight gain on a start , there was a horizontal throttle spring pull  , lower on the linkage set up , noticed a very slight gap in spring reaction . used small channel lock plyer , to tighten the spring pull hole end , eliminating play / response . super lube oil on every movement spot . that did it , instant start , almost immediate  choke back off , just the details , my other horse , that has regularly instant started , has made me try this , now have to do the other one , just a little tweak . you know what i,m talking about  , pete

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

kpinnc

Old thread, but this is a good example of the difference between "cool" (6000) and "warm" (4500) PAR 36 LEDs. 

And for all the non-believers, that bright thing in the background is afternoon sunlight. These things are bright in daylight! :thumbs:

IMG_20240328_191048386.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

kpinnc
2 hours ago, kpinnc said:

And for all the non-believers, that bright thing in the background is afternoon sunlight. These things are bright in daylight! :thumbs:

Same for tail lights for that matter...

IMG_20240328_191108965.jpg

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1