Gregor

Sawzall dilema

Gregor

Years ago I was using a Milwaukee Sawzall. I stuck my left index finger in the wrong place and got it squeezed between the Allen head screw that holds the blade in, and the body of the sawzall. It hurt and was bleeding quite a bit. It was squeezed tight enough that I could not pull it out. The only way I could get my finger out was to pull the trigger, and let the reciprocating blade finish it's inward travel, so it would come out again. I looked at that trigger for a looooong time. I finally did pull the trigger. The nail on that finger has never been quite right since.

• Sad 3

Achto

That is a bad pinch point on most reciprocating saws. Getting rid of that stupid allen screw was also one of the best improvement's that Milwaukee ever did with the Sawzall. Don't know how many screw heads I stripped out on those trying to get the blade to hold tight. The new quick lock is much faster and the blade actually stays in the saw,

1 hour ago, Gregor said:

I looked at that trigger for a looooong time.

I've had similar stare downs with a bad situation. Like working up the courage to finish running a fish hook from a musky lure through my hand. Caught a fair sized northern and when I went to take it out of the net it slashed around and stuck the lure in me. The hook was in past the barb & would not pull back out. So I finally pushed it through the rest of the way so that I could cut the barb off with the small bolt cutters (that I always keep in the boat ) and remove it from my hand. Besides a little blood loss I was fine, thought that the guy fishing with me was gonna pass out though. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Gregor

I was fishing with a friend and his son. His son somehow managed to stick a fish hook through his thumb nail, past the barb. I think the doc did the same to him. They would have had to knock me out !:sleeping-sleeping:

• Like 1

bc.gold

A friend was fly fishing while back casting to get some line out the hook went into his dog Oggie a Dashhound, the dog spooled all the line from the reel. Oggie was missing for several days.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

bc.gold
1 hour ago, Gregor said:

Years ago I was using a Milwaukee Sawzall. I stuck my left index finger in the wrong place and got it squeezed between the Allen head screw that holds the blade in, and the body of the sawzall. It hurt and was bleeding quite a bit. It was squeezed tight enough that I could not pull it out. The only way I could get my finger out was to pull the trigger, and let the reciprocating blade finish it's inward travel, so it would come out again. I looked at that trigger for a looooong time. I finally did pull the trigger. The nail on that finger has never been quite right since.

PTSD from a sawzall.

Edited by bc.gold
  • Like 2

Pullstart

I was trimming the ends off the back bumper of my first plow truck in my teenage years and the blade stuck.  No big deal, except the way I was holding the saw it smashed my left pinky between the saw and back blade numerous times.  It never deformed, but I always know when it’s getting cold out, my finger tells me!

• Like 1