RED-Z06

Who else loves Z mowers?

RED-Z06

I picked up a few this year...love me some Exmark Lazer Zs and Lazer Z HP.

The big guy is a 2003 model Lazer, 27hp liquid cooled Kawasaki FD770V, 60" ultracut deck.  890 hours.

The other 2 are 48" HP models, 20hp Command Twins.  1004hrs on the cleaner one, 1080 on the other.

20210906_125710.jpg

20210906_125638.jpg

• Like 1

RED-Z06

20210811_183428.jpg

ri702bill

Excellent grass cutters - that's it. Not a 4 season tractor ..........

• Like 1

slim67

Those are a little smaller than what we have have at work but for your purpose ,I’m sure they fit the bill. We have a 60, two 72s and a 104 inch, all Hustlers. Also Hustler 48 inch walk behind with a Velky. We demoed the big Exmark (96 inch wing deck) this summer. I see they have one in 144 inches now. Exmark is good enough that Toro thought so and bought them.

• Like 1

Snoopy11

I had a Scag that I sold. If I remember correctly it had an 80 inch deck, Kawasaki liquid cooled engine. 

Thing was REALLY old... but still ran like brand new.

Now, I have a 48" John Deere with 22 Horse. It only gave me issues 1 time... (won't go into that...)... but otherwise, been a great mower. Just... wasn't cheap. 

Don't mind the other equipment in the pictures...

100_1274.JPG.432cfc723cd14011052eea625fa0280f.JPG

142097357_100_1186(1).JPG.2fdccdd3dfafc52e3398e691981a1335.JPG

Working 9 to 5, what a way to make a living. Barely getting by, it's all taking and no giving. They just use your mind, and they never give you credit. It's enough to drive you crazy if you let it...

Don

• Like 1

RED-Z06
5 hours ago, ri702bill said:

Excellent grass cutters - that's it. Not a 4 season tractor ..........

True...but that 60" job can knock down 8" of grass at about 7.5mph, i guess if you're going to do one thing do it well.  My neighbor was struggling to mow her acre this summer with her 46" husqvarna, it took her 2 hours, i offered to knock it down...took about 30 minutes and looked great 

roadapples

I've no use for a zero, but I've got a cab from a grasshopper that they pushed snow with .....

RED-Z06
52 minutes ago, roadapples said:

I've no use for a zero, but I've got a cab from a grasshopper that they pushed snow with .....

Ive kicked around putting a blade on one...they are awesome as far as tractive force...plenty of power, lots of weight, big tires and very strong hydro systems.

giddyap

I don't know why my Z is so loyal to me.

She is my "go to" for grass cutting and moving leaves in the fall. I often wonder if it was a Border Collie in its previous life because I can round up every leaf in the yard and pile them up where ever I want. Done in a 1/10 of the time of my neighbor with a walk behind blower.  

We are a great team but when it comes to family photos I never include her. As a matter of fact I don't have one picture of her. Here are my latest WHs and one black sheep dressed in yellow   

DSC08007.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

slim67
2 hours ago, giddyap said:

I don't know why my Z is so loyal to me.

She is my "go to" for grass cutting and moving leaves in the fall. I often wonder if it was a Border Collie in its previous life because I can round up every leaf in the yard and pile them up where ever I want. Done in a 1/10 of the time of my neighbor with a walk behind blower.  

We are a great team but when it comes to family photos I never include her. As a matter of fact I don't have one picture of her. Here are my latest WHs and one black sheep dressed in yellow   

DSC08007.JPG

Nice job on the rail. Very cool.

• Thanks 1

rjg854

In a way, I miss my Bad Boy zero-turn. A :wh: can't match the agility of a zero-turn :hide:  If I got behind on mowing and left a lot of hay, I could let it dry, run over it again and disperse it easily.  It was also a great leaf mulcher in the fall. That's all it did.

Now that I'm retired, I can stay on top of the mowing.  Seeing I have plenty of tractors and time to play, got rid of it. In a small way, I miss it.

• Like 2

RED-Z06
1 hour ago, rjg854 said:

In a way, I miss my Bad Boy zero-turn. A :wh: can't match the agility of a zero-turn :hide:  If I got behind on mowing and left a lot of hay, I could let it dry, run over it again and disperse it easily.  It was also a great leaf mulcher in the fall. That's all it did.

Now that I'm retired, I can stay on top of the mowing.  Seeing I have plenty of tractors and time to play, got rid of it. In a small way, I miss it.

There's just something about them...I put off getting one for years, but...once you mow with one its hard to go back.  Short of having power steering, not much is so effortless 

cleat

I guess I am the odd one out.

I have worked on several and find them awkward to use especially with one hand (use the other to move branches etc).