RetroMower

Wisconsin relic

RetroMower

Saw this on marketplace and it tickled my interest instantly. I know they were used on a lot of machinery like log splitters, cranes and possibly a very early skidsteer. My interest lies in other possibilities like powering a scratch built..... something. After a tiny bit of research there seems to be some parts available. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these 

20211205_212513.jpg

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

Achto

I've driven skid steers that had the 4 cylinder Wisconsin. I've never had to work on one though.

• Like 1

oliver2-44

The 2 and 4 cylinder Wisconsins were also used on a ton of all brands of hay bailers.

In high school Ag shop we had  about ten 4 cylinder Wisconsins that we disassembled and reassembled and had to make them run.  Fairly simple engine.  Very heavy for the HP, but lots of torque.

• Like 3

oldlineman

Ya we had one on a bayler, a hand crank model. You never wanted to let it run out of gas while baling or it would vapor lock  and you got a nice break on the wagon stacking bales till it cooled down. Bob 

• Like 1

RetroMower
2 hours ago, oldlineman said:

Ya we had one on a bayler, a hand crank model. You never wanted to let it run out of gas while baling or it would vapor lock  and you got a nice break on the wagon stacking bales till it cooled down. Bob 

I was hoping this one had a starter but it's a hand crank. I'm wondering if they were all manufactured to accept a starter or is there two totally different configurations. If so is there a way to tell just by looking if theres a ring gear in there. :eusa-think:

oliver2-44

I remembered I spotted this homemade conglomeration of a tractor last spring with a 4 cyl Wisconsin on it. 
DF28E392-03B1-4B27-B568-348C2D3618CA.jpeg.d99eff3d252cfae7594c9fdc2b8b8cf7.jpeg

• Like 1

953 nut
2 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

I spotted this homemade conglomeration of a tractor last spring

:angry-tappingfoot:              And you didn't bring it home!                     :scared-eek:

oliver2-44
35 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:angry-tappingfoot:              And you didn't bring it home!                     :scared-eek:

There are some creations that look best in others weed patches......and 

No red paint

No Red paint

No Red paint

• Like 1

16 Automatic

Nice little engines. Here's my Hyster forklift with one for its heart. This forklift has a smaller footprint than my wheel horse. It has a 6 V system with a combination belt-driven starter / generator.

20211206_185657.jpg