jeremi3210

Who's all ready for the snow???

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, kpinnc said:

can run five miles without sweating

Are you measuring your miles with that "New math"???

I don't think I could run five rods without sweating...

• Like 1

WHX??
3 hours ago, WheelHorse520H said:

Sorry, didn’t mean to hijack this thread.

Yeah that's ok she went south about two pages ago.... Jeremi says anything he get to camp in the garage with the rest of the plow dogs! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

jeremi3210
12 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Yeah that's ok she went south about two pages ago.... Jeremi says anything he get to camp in the garage with the rest of the plow dogs! 

Well it is warm in the garage!!! Lol!!! No problem I've had a few good laughs out of this!!! 

• Like 3

Horse Newbie
2 hours ago, kpinnc said:

Still got all my hair

I’ve got most of mine on my head, and am even growing more out of my ears :lol:

• Haha 3

lynnmor
3 hours ago, WheelHorse520H said:

Hardware or auto parts stores?

No, lawn & garden shops that sold Onan powered equipment, Steiner dealers for example.  Online there is onanparts.com, Colburn, Ebay and numerous others.

• Like 3

WheelHorse520H
1 minute ago, lynnmor said:

No, lawn & garden shops that sold Onan powered equipment, Steiner dealers for example.  Online there is onanparts.com, Colburn, Ebay and numerous others.

Oh, there’s only a couple places that even know what Onan is around here and every time I ask if they carry any parts they laugh and give me somewhere else to call or they can order the part for $500 more than ordering it online myself. I wasn’t sure if you found like a generic one because I only ever saw these on Onans.

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, WheelHorse520H said:

ordering it online

I'm all for supporting local businesses and do so when I can... More and more that becomes less and less practical. 

• Like 2

lynnmor
14 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I'm all for supporting local businesses and do so when I can... More and more that becomes less and less practical. 

Since the newest Wheel Horse with an Onan engine is now a quarter of a century old, parts must be purchased wherever you can find them.

That key has the long tail on it to drive the magnetic trigger ring for the ignition, they basically used the same engine that had points and upgraded to electronic without significant changes.

• Like 3

Pullstart
11 hours ago, 953 nut said:

I'm feeling fine now but I've told my wife that when I croak she should post my departure on Red Square and give all my :wh: stuff and tools to whoever wants them. Calling dibs will only work if you are fast enough to get here first!      :ychain:

Here’s to your health and wellbeing Richard!  :orcs-cheers:  I told Mrs. P that if I know when I’ll die, I’ll be sure to dig the hole out back first.  On that note… if you could give me an advanced notice… you know… “Little Blue Truck”… :ROTF:

10 hours ago, WHX?? said:

I told mine I kick over to give it all to Dan and let him deal with it. Then he can be her sugar daddy! :D Course the way he goes at it sometimes he might croak before I do! :laughing-rolling:

‘Cept I got dibs on the Senior!

• Haha 3

Achto
3 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

Man does not loose hair, it just seems to migrate to other places. Ears, nose, back, etc.:lol:

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Snoopy11
8 hours ago, Handy Don said:

316 stainless is pretty hard stuff, right? Doesn't this sort of defeat the purpose of having a key by making it more likely that the crankshaft or flywheel will be damaged rather than an inexpensive and (relatively) easily replaced woodruff key?

316 is extremely hard... and time consuming to cut. The mild steel woodruff keys last... just not long enough for me. 

I am unsure that woodruff keys are ...designed to break or round-off. I just personally have had issues with them rounding off. Now, I could go in and put another mild steel key in, and run it for how ever long the key lasts, then repeat the cycle. OR, go with something stronger... that way I don't have to keep replacing...

Maybe my logic is screwed up somewhere... but those are my thoughts. I run 316 on my hubs, engine pulley, and flywheel. I haven't had an issue since I did this. 

Personally, I don't want a woodruff key deciding how much power gets transmitted to my wheels or PTO... but that's just me... :thumbs:

To keep things from breaking... I just go easy on the skinny pedal... :banana-rock:

Don

Snoopy11
4 minutes ago, Snoopy11 said:

I just go easy on the skinny pedal...

MOST of the time... :laughing-rolling:

Don

kpinnc
7 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

Ohhh I figured y'all knew that was a fibb! My face has grown almost to the back of my neck...

I had an uncle once who never went more than 24 hours without shaving. I asked him why that was, and he said "I refuse to allow anything to grow on my face that runs rampant everywhere else on my body"... Rascal kept a full head of hair into his 80s. Maybe there's something to that, but it's too late for me to try it.

• Haha 2

WheelHorse520H
11 hours ago, lynnmor said:

Since the newest Wheel Horse with an Onan engine is now a quarter of a century old, parts must be purchased wherever you can find them.

:text-goodpost:That’s an excellent way to put it into perspective. It really shows something that we might (and often I do) forget because here on RS they seem to be more common than a smartphone…but they’re not.

• Like 2

WHX??

Ok lets get back on track here the hair thing is startin to gross me out a bit. Getting too many of Sylvia's visuals.... :scared-eek:

This guy was ready...

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Haha 3

kpinnc
20 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Are you measuring your miles with that "New math"???

Old man fishing measurement system. :D 

My 800 foot long driveway equals 12 miles if I have to check the mail!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Shynon

Mine's still in storage and it's snowing 🌨 :eek:

• Haha 4

SylvanLakeWH
29 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Sylvia's visuals.... :scared-eek:

My visuals!!! My visuals!!! Again with the visuals!!! :scared-eek:

Here’s mine for today: (last year but hoping for plenty of snow ❄️)…!!!

6F6D516B-3322-444B-BC79-ABA368444120.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

WheelHorse520H

That’s a better team than I got @rjg854, as previously mentioned. Not to mention I only have one plow and no snow thrower.

• Like 1

rjg854

The only time the thrower comes out is if I get more than 6" of snow, or if I want to blow the snow pack farther off the driveway.

• Like 3

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

The only time the thrower comes out is if I get more than 6" of snow, or if I want to blow the snow pack farther off the driveway.

That's pretty much the same logic we use. 

:handgestures-thumbupright:

:occasion-snowman:

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

• Like 2

WHX??

Nice lookin team ther Randy :handgestures-thumbupright:

You fit that short blower on that C-161 you picked up at plow day Jer you might have a decent backup. Did I give you that air filter I had for it? I completely blew the wad and forgot I gave you the head light lens Sylvia was jonesen for. 

Leaving for deer camp first light tommorow with little phone and Internet for a week so carry on boys & hold down the fort .....:handgestures-salute:

We get any kind of snow Dan or Jeremi is gonna havta come over and blow me......:laughing-rolling: Tractors sittin ther boys ready to go with trickle chargers blinking green! 

Edited by WHX??
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

WheelHorse520H
1 hour ago, rjg854 said:

It’s quite often here that we get 6” or more, but it’s wetter and heavier here on the bay side of the Bay State, so a thrower might not work as well, especially later in the season, coincidentally when we get more snow.

• Like 1

Rusty Tinsnips

Took the deck off, cleaned it up and flipped the wear bar on the plow and lubed everything up, then installed the plow. Ready.

KIMG0944.JPG

KIMG0945.JPG

KIMG0946.JPG

KIMG0947.JPG

• Like 8