jeremi3210

Who's all ready for the snow???

sgtsampay
On 11/14/2021 at 1:22 PM, jeremi3210 said:

Not that iam much looking forward to snow! But I also like to be prepared!!! The 670 predator did great all summer with the mower so iam sure it will handle the snow also!!!

20211114_121758.jpg

20211114_121734.jpg

Very nice setup. I. Your predator build, what did you do to strengthen the pto side bearing to take the load of the clutch? 

also, do you have a write up of how you engine swapped your tractor? Thanks! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
11 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Not sorry guys but gotta call dibs on the loader tractor @953 nut :lol:

I'm feeling fine now but I've told my wife that when I croak she should post my departure on Red Square and give all my :wh: stuff and tools to whoever wants them. Calling dibs will only work if you are fast enough to get here first!      :ychain:

• Haha 8

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

first

So @WHX?? Is going high speed helicopter shopping this afternoon.... 

• Haha 3

SylvanLakeWH
21 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

I'm feeling fine now but I've told my wife that when I croak she should post my departure on Red Square and give all my :wh: stuff and tools to whoever wants them. Calling dibs will only work if you are fast enough to get here first!      :ychain:

Here’s to hoping that day will be long into the future…  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 3

WHX??
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

give all my :wh: stuff and tools to whoever wants them.

I told mine I kick over to give it all to Dan and let him deal with it. Then he can be her sugar daddy! :D Course the way he goes at it sometimes he might croak before I do! :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 5

Achto
37 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Course the way he goes at it sometimes he might croak before I do!

I used to quote James Dean on this subject. “Live fast, die young, leave a good looking corpse.”     

I ain't young any more and looks are out of the equation, so might as well live fast.:D

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

WheelHorse520H

I’m not ready, waiting on a flywheel key for my 520 ordered it almost 2 months ago and it hasn’t even shipped yet… but that’s a long story, and my 607 is in pieces while I wait for 1 bearing to get it all buttoned up, then grade the driveway with the dozer blade…then I’ll be ready.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, WheelHorse520H said:

flywheel key for my 520

Forgive my lack of information because I've never seen a 20 horse Onan taken apart.

Is that something that can be made out of any kind of square stock? Or modified by a machine shop?

• Like 2

Snoopy11
48 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Forgive my lack of information because I've never seen a 20 horse Onan taken apart.

Is that something that can be made out of any kind of square stock? Or modified by a machine shop?

Simply put, yes... it can. :thumbs:

Don

• Like 1

WheelHorse520H
46 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Probably but since I ordered it already I figured I’d just wait, I sent another email to see if there wasn’t any progress on the ones I ordered being shipped today…we’ll see how that goes. I ordered one from Jack’s Small Engines and I bought two, I that I need and one for a backup, and they only had one in stock but told me they could send that to me while I wait for the second, but that was two weeks ago and I never got it nor any tracking info for it. Sorry, didn’t mean to hijack this thread.

• Excellent 1

Snoopy11
2 minutes ago, WheelHorse520H said:

Sorry, didn’t mean to hijack this thread.

I don't think that anyone will mind...

But... I always make mine out of 316 stainless... yes it is pricey... but the ones that you can buy online are mostly softer steel... and I personally find it irritating to have to replace them anytime in the future.

I did the same with the keys to the hubs on HellHorse. I blew through... probably 4 keys (from online sources) until I decided to cut my own...

Why it took me so long to figure that out... I dunno... but I am hard-headed sometimes...:laughing-rolling:

Don

• Like 1

WheelHorse520H

The only reason the one that I had broke was because I took the flywheel off and sheared it, and that was it. Hence the reason I wanted to have a backup.

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, WheelHorse520H said:

Probably but since I ordered it already I figured I’d just wait, I sent another email to see if there wasn’t any progress on the ones I ordered being shipped today…we’ll see how that goes. I ordered one from Jack’s Small Engines and I bought two, I that I need and one for a backup, and they only had one in stock but told me they could send that to me while I wait for the second, but that was two weeks ago and I never got it nor any tracking info for it. Sorry, didn’t mean to hijack this thread.

In reality it was me that did the hijacking so no apologies on your part are necessary.

I've ordered from Jack's a time or two and had good luck. No offense to them or any other business but I wouldn't wait that long for any reason.

I really do try to be as patient as I can but if I've got a machine down and it's one that I need, I want to KNOW my parts are on the way ASAP.

Snoopy11
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

In reality it was me that did the hijacking so no apologies on your part are necessary.

I've ordered from Jack's a time or two and had good luck. No offense to them or any other business but I wouldn't wait that long for any reason.

I really do try to be as patient as I can but if I've got a machine down and it's one that I need, I want to KNOW my parts are on the way ASAP.

Yep, I'd end up on the phone....

:hilarious:

Would NOT be a nice phone call... :bitch:

Don

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WheelHorse520H
5 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I’ve ordered from Jack’s once before no problems but I saw they were bought out by Northern Tool a little while ago, so I think there are some changes behind the scenes. At this point if the first one isn’t out by the end of the week I might cancel my order and get it from Onan Parts because that’s where I got my last one.

3 minutes ago, Snoopy11 said:

Yep, I'd end up on the phone....

:hilarious:

Would NOT be a nice phone call... :bitch:

Don

The guy I’ve been emailing back and forth with said he was the only one there answering about 400 emails a day…plus phone calls, by the same token they should hire someone else if they need help. I know it’s difficult to find people to work but there are some out there…myself included.

Edited by WheelHorse520H
  • Excellent 1

Snoopy11
1 minute ago, WheelHorse520H said:

they were bought out by Northern Tool

You are right. I think they were bought out this year, and since then they have not been able to keep up. 

Family owned business that everyone liked was bought out... now they get bombarded... now no one likes them... :unsure:

Don

WheelHorse520H
Just now, Snoopy11 said:

You are right. I think they were bought out this year, and since then they have not been able to keep up. 

Family owned business that everyone liked was bought out... now they get bombarded... now no one likes them... :unsure:

Don

Bingo!

• Like 1

Handy Don
1 hour ago, Snoopy11 said:

But... I always make mine out of 316 stainless... yes it is pricey... but the ones that you can buy online are mostly softer steel... and I personally find it irritating to have to replace them anytime in the future.

316 stainless is pretty hard stuff, right? Doesn't this sort of defeat the purpose of having a key by making it more likely that the crankshaft or flywheel will be damaged rather than an inexpensive and (relatively) easily replaced woodruff key?

• Like 3

Handy Don
1 hour ago, WheelHorse520H said:

I know it’s difficult to find people to work but there are some out there…myself included.

A great deal of business can be done remote now. I've spoken to LOTS of customer service reps from companies large and small that are doing it from home with flexible hours and not a lot of gear. From what I see of Jack's, they have the warehouse inventory and shipping part, the stock management part, and the service reps. Two of the three of those could be remote. I'd encourage you to pitch them on the idea if you are interested!

jeremi3210
7 hours ago, sgtsampay said:

Very nice setup. I. Your predator build, what did you do to strengthen the pto side bearing to take the load of the clutch? 

also, do you have a write up of how you engine swapped your tractor? Thanks! 

I didn't make a thread really about it but I mounted it on a wh shaker mount and everything else pretty much lined up. About the pto I just got the extend warranty when I got the motor and hoped for the best. So far no problems.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Achto

I believe that the Predator has a thrust bearing.

• Like 3

lynnmor
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

It is a bit harder to make than a standard key.  They are readily available at any of the usual places we get parts.

key.jpg.b375c07548cb8197644b4418e14e8f6c.jpg

• Like 4

pfrederi

That is certainly different for a key... Onan seems to like to be different:P.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

WheelHorse520H
14 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

They are readily available at any of the usual places we get parts.

Hardware or auto parts stores?

1 hour ago, Handy Don said:

316 stainless is pretty hard stuff, right? Doesn't this sort of defeat the purpose of having a key by making it more likely that the crankshaft or flywheel will be damaged rather than an inexpensive and (relatively) easily replaced woodruff key?

I think so, but I’m no expert. Good idea about working with Jack’s though, I didn’t even think about anyone working remotely.

11 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

That is certainly different for a key... Onan seems to like to be different:P.

That’s why I love ‘em.

• Like 1

kpinnc
20 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

Just 25 ?

That. Is. All.

...and not one ounce heavier dangit! Still got all my hair, can run five miles without sweating and go 3 nights without sleep! :ph34r:

• Excellent 2